SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Still sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/398978-still-sober.html)

sleepie 10-13-2016 11:00 AM

Still sober

No matter who or what tries to knock me down.

Let's see... it'll be ten months in about a week and a half.

Mags1 10-13-2016 11:04 AM

Nice one, Sleepie!:c011:

sleepie 10-13-2016 11:06 AM

Thanks I'll be pretty proud after a full year which is coming up sooner than later. Especially considering how hard it has been and the things I have been through and well my life in general.

Upstairs 10-13-2016 11:10 AM

Great job Sleepie! Now onto one year!

Dave42001 10-13-2016 11:12 AM

Kudos to you!! keep up the great work!!

Croutie 10-13-2016 11:32 AM

There you are Sleepie! I am so relieved; I have been worried about you.
Hope you are doing ok. Don't let the turkeys get you down Girl!
Croutie

sleepie 10-13-2016 11:33 AM

Oh, I'm not letting anyone or anything rob me of my year. Sad as it is, there are some who would like such a thing.

oldsoul112249 10-13-2016 12:13 PM

Good to hear from you and that you're doing well :)

Nothinginside 10-13-2016 12:14 PM

Congrats !

I hope one day I ll be like you, i really do. Congrats

sleepie 10-13-2016 12:39 PM

It hasn't been easy. I never got a pink cloud or anything like that, I didn't feel better after any length of time and I still don't sleep properly. The fact that my most depressed time of year, summer, is finally gone has helped my anxiety and depression. But I still don't drink or take benzos.

zjw 10-13-2016 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by sleepie (Post 6172461)
Oh, I'm not letting anyone or anything rob me of my year. Sad as it is, there are some who would like such a thing.

Sick isnt it? kinda gotta try to just not focus on these types.

I know after a year i guess the first thing that came to mind at 1 year was hey you did good how about a drink now Nuts ? ! i know but i wont lie. I didnt drink tho. Just kept going.

But I felt like I had crawled out of some kinda black hole and it was like *yawn* theres a great big world out out there huh? i felt a bit lost still too.

ITs good to see you come so far. I know you've been vocal about your struggles so it has not been simple. I hope it eases up.

Dee74 10-13-2016 02:02 PM

Congrats on your ten months Sleepie :)

D

steve-in-kville 10-13-2016 02:28 PM

Congrats!!:You_Rock_

sleepie 10-13-2016 04:12 PM

I actually have moments of fleeting happiness for now with all the cool grey skies and evening coming sooner. I love the night and falling leaves. It's my time.

It won't be 10 months official until the 21st but that's soon. Then a whole year will be around the corner.

I still don't sleep properly but 2 times I did lately after it got cooler.

Zjw yep everyone isn't on the same level and the world does suffer a lack of compassion. Speaking of which I read a very interesting book by Hervey Cleckley.

zjw 10-13-2016 04:29 PM

yeah i love this time of year myself its great. My only complaint with gloomy skys is i swear i'm solar powerd i'm generally more lethargic and tired on those kinds of days i mean i guess its good it almost forces me to slow down but still!! lol.

fleeting happiness sounds familier. your like huh is this what happiness feels like? am I allowed to feelt his way? I started having those kinds of moments probably about 10 months in or so i remember going roller skating with my kids and i put on a pair of skates and my kids where mesmarized that i could do it. they had 80's music going and i was in my element again lol. I swear it was probably my first really good sober day. I really came out of my shell that day even fell and got laughed at it was all good. And the whole time i thought not long ago i woulda never gone or been miserable that i couldnt just go home and get drunk instead of being in such aplace.

Delizadee 10-13-2016 04:33 PM

Congrats sleepie :) I'm really happy for you and glad to hear you're enjoying the cooler weather more. 10 months is awesome- a year right around the corner. :scoregood

sleepie 10-13-2016 04:42 PM

I am trying really hard to savor every day this month especially as it was a very, very grueling and hot summer. It brought on such a depression I thought it might be the end of me. I want to just live my life a little after last year's ongoing nightmare of Dr appt. after Dr appt.

I can't even read a single paragraph of the news in this hostile old world. I was exposed to a lot of cruelty for a very long time in my life and I can't take knowing that this is the way of the world. I knew to early.

I just drink a lot of coffee, read alot. For whatever reason I quit eating and lost 10 pounds.

Dee74 10-13-2016 05:06 PM

I'm not reading or listening to the news either - just online headlines a couple of times a day.

I hope you're eating again :)

D

SoberLeigh 10-13-2016 05:08 PM

I'm so proud of you, sleepie.

sleepie 10-13-2016 05:20 PM

Thanks guys