Notices

Wet brain

Old 10-11-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wet brain

Please can someone help, I'm desperate. I used to drink very heavy 15 years ago. Then I stopped for 5 years and started doing it sensibly, but then stopped 3 years ago to look after my mum. Was doing fine till this year when I started getting very bad headaches and high heart rate. I saw my doctor who diagnosed trigeminal neuralgia but in the back of my mind what if? Is it possible to start getting symptoms of wet brain after being sober so long? Had an MRI of outside of my brain and everything is fine. It's getting more and more difficult to smile and carry on. I'm trying to avoid the doctor unless absolutely necessary.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You've been here asking this very same question several times amuawad1 and we cannot give you medical advice. If your doctor has ruled out wet brain and you don't believe them please seek a second opinion. You may also want to consider seeking psychological help as you may be experiencing anxiety as well.

It has been mentioned before in your other posts about the subject as well, but the symptoms you describe are more in line with your diagnosis than what one would experience with wet brain, but again you need to speak with a medical professional about it if you have questions.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by amuawad1 View Post
Please can someone help, I'm desperate.
How can we help when your doctors are telling you it isn't wet brain? You are asking for something an anonymous recovery forum can't provide, which is a medical diagnosis, or assurance that you don't have wet brain, which is impossible.

Anxiety can be debilitating. Don't let your health fears take over your life.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I read up on your diagnosis it sounds like it can be painful but not related to alcohol, take your doctors advice. Good luck!
Old 10-11-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I too have trigeminal neuralgia - no headaches for me - it's nasty painwise but it's not anything like wet brain/dementia

Ask your doctor about tricyclic antidepressants and whether they'd be suitable for your condition. I've found great relief from one

D