Notices

Brownout false memories

Old 10-25-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Congrats!! Keep going
Old 11-08-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hello, still sober unless something that I will explain counts as relapse.

This is the first day I am completely recovered from my previous relapse.

Few days ago under a heavy social influence, I've accepted a glass of wine, but mostly I was pretending that I was drinking and actually just drank a few sips.

I knew what will happen if I will drink it for real so I've controlled myself.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think you'll have to answer that for yourself anonimuser. There's a plethora of red flags in your post that I'd point out though

1. You put yourself in a position to be "influenced" to drink. Only you can decide if you are going to drink or not, so you most likely need to either avoid situations in the first place. Or only attend if you feel 100% confident that you will refuse any offers for a drink. Its your sobriety, you need to protect it.

2. If you were "mostly" pretending to drink, what were you doing the rest of the time? Rhetorical question, but think about it for a minute

3. "Controlling yourself" is not sobriety in my book, even if it's just a few sips to appease a crowd. Alcoholics cannot "control" their drinking by definition.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I think you'll have to answer that for yourself anonimuser. There's a plethora of red flags in your post that I'd point out though

1. You put yourself in a position to be "influenced" to drink. Only you can decide if you are going to drink or not, so you most likely need to either avoid situations in the first place. Or only attend if you feel 100% confident that you will refuse any offers for a drink. Its your sobriety, you need to protect it.

2. If you were "mostly" pretending to drink, what were you doing the rest of the time? Rhetorical question, but think about it for a minute

3. "Controlling yourself" is not sobriety in my book, even if it's just a few sips to appease a crowd. Alcoholics cannot "control" their drinking by definition.
Thank you for expressing your opinion.

Yesterday I've rejected free beers and was put under heavy social pressure to drink but I've said that my digesstion can't tolerate alcohol.

Why are other people are so obssesed with pressuring you into drinking alcohol?
Old 11-15-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by anonimuser View Post
The feeling of being "under pressure" to drink is on you. I would ask, why are you in situations where there is so much drinking going on? Drinking and feeling pressured to drink. Not a safe mix.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by anonimuser View Post
They may be alcoholics themselves or they might be under the influence when they do it. Bottom line it really doesn't matter though - its up to you to either remove yourself from those types of situations or be prepared to simply tell them no. The choice to drink can only be made by us.