SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Fuse couldn't be any shorter (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/398044-fuse-couldnt-any-shorter.html)

steve-in-kville 09-24-2016 10:26 AM

Fuse couldn't be any shorter

Started off the day early, in a good mood, looking forward to finishing up a bike project before noon time. Then planned to relax and watch a good movie or two.

By 9am my nerves were shot. Got into it with the little lady over money issues. Needed to make an unplanned run to the bike shop for a part. My teenage boys are lippin' off again. Haven't really eaten a meal yet today, though I've been snacking on healthy stuff.

Its 1:30pm and I still have another hour before this bike is ready to roll. On the second pot of coffee. I need a nap.

This is all.

1984Toy 09-24-2016 10:48 AM

I hate those kind of days.

Maudcat 09-24-2016 01:11 PM

Eat something, maybe? I am a bear when my blood sugar crashes. With regard to projects, bike and house and other, my husband and I consider a project a success if we made only two trips to the hardware store. Lol. Never as easy as I think it ought to be. Good luck with the bike, ignore the kids, take the nap.

doggonecarl 09-24-2016 02:37 PM

Early sobriety is an emotional roller coaster, but that doesn't mean anyone else has to be on the ride with you. Especially anger. Best to keep it to ourselves.

trachemys 09-24-2016 03:05 PM

You know about HALT, right? Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. Don't let these happen.

Dee74 09-24-2016 04:53 PM

Write a gratitude list - there are things in your life to be thankful for - things I bet other people wished they had.

I find gratitude lists really ground me again and I can look at my irritation in the proper perspective?

D

steve-in-kville 09-24-2016 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 6147842)
You know about HALT, right? Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. Don't let these happen.

Yeah, I know it. Ate something, laid down for a bit. Watched a few episodes of "Emergency!" with the family (remember Johnny & Roy?) and it was all good. If I was gonna have a relapse, today could have been it.

zjw 09-24-2016 06:03 PM

eating tends to help too much caffine can tend to make things worse.

i had tons of liquid patience in my dirnking days. but Since I sobered up i've had to figure out how to manage things so i dont explode etc.. it takes practice but it gets easier.

For example my wife might ask me to fix something and i imgiht say look unless you want me to get REALLY angry your not gonna want me to fix that right now. and she understands and says well when you can then. OR i'll start to fix it and stop BEFORE i explode and shes like arent yo going to finish? nope i'm getting to angry i need to walk away from it or pay someone else to do or come back to it but now is not the time i'd prefer to keep my sanity is all.

trachemys 09-24-2016 06:04 PM

YAY, buddy.

SnazzyDresser 09-24-2016 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by steve-in-kville (Post 6148017)
Yeah, I know it. Ate something, laid down for a bit. Watched a few episodes of "Emergency!" with the family (remember Johnny & Roy?) and it was all good. If I was gonna have a relapse, today could have been it.

ah yes, created and produced by the great Jack Webb of Dragnet fame. I remember it well. The good-looking nurse was Jack's ex-wife irl.

Glad you didn't have a relapse!

steve-in-kville 09-24-2016 06:54 PM

I knew Nurse Dixie and Dr. Early were married in real life at one point.

Its funny... the two episodes I watched all had something to do with drug OD's and alcoholics!! And tetanus infections.

I think the same folks who made Emergency! also made Adam-12. Another good series.

steve-in-kville 09-24-2016 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 6148044)
YAY, buddy.

Heh... thanks!