Notices

Weird Things happen when I go out!

Old 10-04-2004, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tryn2rson

Weird Things happen when I go out!

Ok, I normally drink 3-4 glases of wine per night, every night. SO, I go out on thursday night, I had 2 glasses and I thought I was going to just bounce off the walls. My sister was convinced I was on coke or something. she said I was so hyper I was like me x 10! Then I just got up from the table and fell down. Of course I dont remember a thing. I mean, in the course of 4 hours, I had 4 glasses of wine, small glasses. What is happening with me?

Old 10-04-2004, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

MAybe you need to think about giving up drinking it sounds like you are having a very bad reaction to alcohol.....
Old 10-04-2004, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Are you taking any medications at the moment?
Old 10-04-2004, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Castaway

Were you breathing too shallow? You have to breathe deeply when you're bouncing off the walls.
Sandy
Old 10-04-2004, 07:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tryn2rson

DangDan, Im not on any meds at this time except for thyroid medicane which I have been on for 3 years, never effected me before,
Sand Marie, I dont think I was breathing shallow, however, I do have panic/anxiety attacks, so anything is possible
Splendra, its weird, it only happens when I go out. I notice that when I go out, I drink the same amount, but get a bit more tipsy, but this time was just weird.
Thanks so much for any help. I was very scared. Just curious, how do you all of a sudden have a bad reaction?

Old 10-04-2004, 08:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just as you can develop an alergic reaction to something you have never been allergic to before, your system may have developed an interaction reaction to the combination of alcohol and your thyroid meds.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tryn2rson

Thats interesting Gooch! But your right, I havent really felt like my thyroid meds are doing it for me ya know? It seems like Im ALWAYS tired, cant lose weight no matter what I do and I just have puffy icky ugly skin, ect, ect, hmmm... good point

Old 10-04-2004, 11:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by splendra
MAybe you need to think about giving up drinking it sounds like you are having a very bad reaction to alcohol.....
I'm with splendra....
Old 10-04-2004, 12:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Chy

I'd say time for a check-up with the doc as it does sound like a bad reaction. Med's are tricky too though, never know when they can be affected by drinking. See the doc k?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Castaway

I agree with going to the doctor. You may need to have your med dosage changed. If you have a lifelong hypotension problem, then taking your meds exactly as prescribed is important. And what's the use of taking the med if you're counteracting it with alcohol. Also, alcohol is destructive to the liver. You may not be losing weight because your liver's too busy processing the alcohol and not the nutritious stuff you take in. Quit drinking and you'll probably lose a few pounds and feel better overall.
Sandy