SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Day 6: Cranky Factor Rising (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/397819-day-6-cranky-factor-rising.html)

WeekendShadow 09-19-2016 02:21 PM

Day 6: Cranky Factor Rising

I think I did reasonably well getting through the weekend (the hardest time for me to resist temptation). Wasn't tempted too heavily, and have made it to Day 6 for the first time in months.

This afternoon, the "what the heck's the point of life, I should just throw myself away" monster is getting louder. Trying to fight it. Not going to drink, but feeling a bit down. (At least it's not anywhere near as bad as the hardcore depression I dealt with for decades.)

Just thought I'd share. I'm trying.

SnazzyDresser 09-19-2016 02:41 PM

Hang in there, bro!

waynetheking 09-19-2016 05:20 PM

Don't drink...

Mountainmanbob 09-19-2016 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by WeekendShadow (Post 6142016)

This afternoon, the "what the heck's the point of life, I should just throw myself away" monster is getting louder. Trying to fight it.

Self deception is a hell of a thing.
First thing that I needed to do was to
stop listening to the guy in the mirror.

MB

Gottalife 09-19-2016 05:31 PM

Hi WS,

it sounds like a familar pattern. Good going to get to 6 days. For some of us, that is a superhuman accomplishment. But for some of us, things start to get worse internally as our dry time mounts up, even though the external world might be looking better. Restless, irritable and discontent?

The trouble is, if you are an alcoholic of my type, just not drinking does not treat alcoholism. It usually brings it out.

Dee74 09-19-2016 06:05 PM

As long as you recognise that voice is a liar, you'll be ok WS :)
D

lovetolisten 09-19-2016 07:50 PM

The same mind that got addicted to alcohol and depressed is telling you "it's no big deal" to have more of what made you sick.

Glad you are not going to drink no matter what it tells you

hellrzr 09-19-2016 09:35 PM

Sounds like you are irritable, restless, and discontent. This is tough but going to some AA meetings and talking to others about it will do wonders for you. You'll learn how to deal with alcoholism and change your life!

Soberandhealthy 09-19-2016 09:42 PM

hang in there i has to get better and dont listen to that voice your life have purpose and you are worthy:You_Rock_

August252015 09-20-2016 06:04 AM

How are you feeling this morning?

What is your program for getting and staying sober? Now sounds like a perfect time for an AA meeting, if you haven't already started going.

Don't drink - today. You can do it.

WeekendShadow 09-20-2016 02:02 PM

Thanks you guys. Got home from work a little bit ago, and was feeling lonely and tempted, so I came here. I really appreciate the encouragement. This is Day 7, and I'm not going to drink.

WeekendShadow 09-20-2016 02:34 PM

I swear, I must just be a freaking alien. An acquaintance posted on Facebook about having a bad audition today. I posted encouragement, saying that even the greats tell stories of their bad auditions.

The response: "...what?"

WTF.

EDIT: Feeling frigging triggered. Going to do the dishes and then play The Witcher 3 and hope whatever planet I'm from sends an extraction team.

Xiz 09-20-2016 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by WeekendShadow (Post 6143323)
I swear, I must just be a freaking alien. An acquaintance posted on Facebook about having a bad audition today. I posted encouragement, saying that even the greats tell stories of their bad auditions.

The response: "...what?"

WTF.

EDIT: Feeling frigging triggered. Going to do the dishes and then play The Witcher 3 and hope whatever planet I'm from sends an extraction team.

Don't let someone's bad day bring you down! Hope you have resisted temptation! :You_Rock_

WeekendShadow 09-20-2016 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 6143373)
Don't let someone's bad day bring you down! Hope you have resisted temptation! :You_Rock_

I have so far, and I'm too tired to even think of leaving the house tonight. Have social plans (!) for one day of next weekend, but am not convinced I should go. But if I don't, I'll likely be tempted. I mean, I made it through this past weekend, so I'd imagine it would be easier... but I don't want to assume anything.

Meh. Just feeling crummy and out of place. Can't seem to perk myself up.

Dee74 09-20-2016 04:03 PM

Congrats on your week WS :)

So, you did a nice thing that wasn't understood/appreciated for whatever reason.

The thing is you did a nice thing - not so many people seem to do that these days - kudos :)

don't beat yourself up :)

D