SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   What do you drink with cheese? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/397408-what-do-you-drink-cheese.html)

HelenofTroy 09-10-2016 08:08 PM

What do you drink with cheese?

I love wine and cheese. And maybe some grapes. What's a good alternative to wine to drink with cheese?

Dee74 09-10-2016 08:11 PM

Sparkling water goes well with almost anything.
For a little bite, you could try Chinotto (italian cola)

D

HelenofTroy 09-10-2016 08:17 PM

Thanks Dee. I was thinking of sparkling water but I wanted something with a little flavour. I could always do the lime (or lemon?) Perrier. It's too bad they don't make a "near" wine like non-alcoholic beer.

Soberpotamus 09-10-2016 08:19 PM

Ginger beer is tasty. I tend to drink it with food.

ScottFromWI 09-10-2016 08:21 PM

Apple juice or some other tart fruit juice might go well. I love cheese all by itself too :-)

Delizadee 09-10-2016 08:23 PM

Mmmmm bubbly water is my favorite. What about that with a twist of lime, or how about ginger beer/ale? I am not a fan of the ginger beer I had overseas but I love Canada Dry and Schweppes ginger ale.
How about a crisp cranberry juice? Not the chock full of sugar kind but the real stuff.
I love pretty much any and all San Pellegrino beverages.

But cheese? Girlfriend I could eat cheese with anything or nothing, day or night. lol
Although sober, I loved to sneak a couples slices of cheddar or marble cheese with some nice cold bubbly ginger ale right before bed.
Colby cheese... mmmmm
Cheeeeeese..... :eat

Soberandhealthy 09-10-2016 08:26 PM

How about bread 🤔

HelenofTroy 09-10-2016 08:37 PM

Wow lots of good suggestions. Ginger ale would definitely be good. I would never have thought of that. Thanks everyone!

Garden Girl 09-10-2016 09:06 PM

There are some non alcoholic. Adult sodas at my health food store, less sugar, more grown up flavors I suppose. I also like taking bilberry tincture/ extract or elderberry syrup and mixing it with sparkling water, not too sweet and actually really good for health... La Croix is really good too.

Soberpotamus 09-10-2016 09:09 PM

The peach-pear La Croix might be great with cheese. It is my personal favorite. The flavors would probably complement the cheese.

Garden Girl 09-10-2016 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus (Post 6130414)
The peach-pear La Croix might be great with cheese. It is my personal favorite. The flavors would probably complement the cheese.

I am loving the apricot right now... It's like everyone I know that quit booze sucks down la Croix like it's going out of style.. Somedays my husband and I will drink a case in a day! At least it's hydrating and cheaper than alcohol. Lol.

Soberpotamus 09-10-2016 09:17 PM

I haven't seen the apricot in stores! I might order some. :)

Linz805 09-10-2016 10:12 PM

I like the blood orange San pellagrino and I cut up a fresh orange and squeeze it in there. Not sure how it goes with cheese but the drink is fun and yummy. I also drink la croix like its going out of style!

Gottalife 09-11-2016 01:13 AM

Usually nothing, but a cuppa tea is ok.

Reminds me of an event in my drinking days. Went to this wine and cheese evening, got well smashed. I thought at the time what a geat way to get pissed.

Next weekend, just me, a cask of chateau blotto and a 1KG block of Mainland Tasty and I was in business. The cheese was really superfluous, it was the booze I was interested in.

SnazzyDresser 09-11-2016 03:32 AM

Grape Nehi! Like Radar O'Reilly used to drink.

Darwinia 09-11-2016 03:41 AM

Aloe Vera. Healthy and delicious. Sugar free bitter lemon. Tastes almost alcoholicy.

sugarbear1 09-11-2016 01:06 PM

Grape juice or non-alcoholic wine.

Soberwolf 09-11-2016 01:44 PM

Blackcurrant juice ? I think fruit & cheese works wonderfully

doggonecarl 09-11-2016 01:57 PM

A lot of things I liked went good with beer. When I quit drinking I discovered what I liked about beer and [insert food description here] was really just the beer.

Without the wine, maybe cheese will be less appealing.

Soberpotamus 09-11-2016 02:00 PM

I wouldn't eat Brie for the longest after I quit drinking. Wine was my drink of choice. The cheese had suddenly lost its appeal.

But as Soberwolf mentioned above, cheese and fruit are wonderful together. So later on, I found I enjoyed cheese again as long as I paired it with tasty fruits.