Notices

Albuquerque detox

Old 08-31-2016, 02:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Albuquerque detox

Im going through massive withdrawls. ANY recommendations on detox in Albuquerque NM. I think I just need some anti anxiety meds
Old 08-31-2016, 03:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go to the ER if necessary, walk in and tell them you have alcohol withdrawal, they will take your vitals and take you seriously.

Please don't hesitate, this can be serious.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Let us know how you fare, rockyMTNrider.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Definitely go to the hospital/walk in first. They will help you with some meds and if you don't stay there depending on your vitals you can decide if you want to go to detox. Detox is a lot more comfortable with the proper medication
Old 08-31-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hope you were able to find some help rockyMTN, as others have suggested the ER or a local Drug/Alcohol clinic ( if you have one ) would be the best place to start.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Check out foothills AA group - they'll be supportive. Good group, meetings all day and night. Certainly they will have insight about rehab nearby. I visited this group traveling awhile back - welcoming clubhouse.

Foothills A A Group
11605 Menaul Blvd Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87112-2418 | view map
505-292-1067
www.alcoholics-anonymous.org
Old 08-31-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I could not make any longer panik and empemdimg doom so sobered up as best as I could and drove to ER. Every relapse is getting worse. I make it for 2 months then I fall for the I'll just have few drinks tonight and boom I'm out of control. They were very nice to me . They said they get many people for that reason. An IV and some meds. Gabapentin for anxiety. Seems to be working ok. Back to day 1. Never take youre sobriety for granted. for you replies.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope that you'll hang around and stick with sobriety, unfortunately the withdrawals do get worse.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
quat

Good to hear
Suggested edit "I'd make it for 2 months, then I'd fall for I'll just .. And then boom I'd be out of control", you can change the verb tense , Rootin for ya
Old 08-31-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I think you made the right choice to seek medical help. I hope that you now make a recovery plan to stay sober.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you got help man. Remember, you never have to go through that again. Wishing you the best.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Semi-Professional Philosopher

[QUOTE=rockyMTNrider;6116906Every relapse is getting worse. I make it for 2 months then I fall for the I'll just have few drinks tonight and boom I'm out of control. [/QUOTE]

I think there's quite a few of us that could relate to that statement!
Old 09-02-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll stick around rockyMTNrider

D
Old 09-02-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Good to hear
Suggested edit "I'd make it for 2 months, then I'd fall for I'll just .. And then boom I'd be out of control", you can change the verb tense , Rootin for ya
How do I edit? I have been trying to do it but i cant figure it out. I am logged in and can make new posts but i do not see the icon at the bottom of any previous posts.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

In other threads of mine i mentioned that i travel for work out of state 90% of the time. I am self employed make decent money and have been doing this for 2.5 years. Maybe a contributing factor to my AV winning. Lots of alone time in hotels.

I managed to work the last two days as i had a job in Tucson. I have no idea how i made that happen but the last thing i needed was to reschedule a client and add to the guilt.

I am now off until tuesday and will be by myself this weekend then heading to Phoenix until the end of September. I am just hoping for a good nights sleep. I think I got about two hours total since the ER early wednesday morning.

Been having extreme audio and visual hallucinations. During the first day I was seeing faces in the clouds some happy, some crazy, some sad etc. I actually found it kinda amusing?!

At night at my hotel I was trying to figure out what room was playing this really strange music. As soon as i would get up I couldn't hear it anymore. I went outside walked around and nothing. I would lay back down and it would come back. I am talking REALLY strange music. I wish I could have recorded it. After several attempts to track it down it over the course of a few hours I became aware that it was an auditory hallucination. I kept trying to to sleep and dove into visual hallucinations that synced up with the music. I was aware that i was in my bed but my vision total engulfed. There people and creatures dancing, swirling and making all sorts of crazy faces. Didn't freak me out for some reason. I have had this on a smaller scale on previous benders. Like hearing my phone ring.

I am trying to stay busy i airbnb'ed a house for the three weeks in Phoenix. I am thinking about finding an AA to go to after work as i have not tried it. I am hesitant but what do i have to lose? I just had to walk into a hospital and toss my pride aside and ask for help.

I am also trying to figure out how to move forward from here. My girlfriend drinks pretty heavy and so do a lot of my friends that i love. I told my girl about the hospital and had talked to her the previous night while deep into my bender. I am at that do i have to remove all these people stage to stay clean. I also have three days of idle time coming right now to fill............

Been very moody but that is expected.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 09-02-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome, rockyMTNrider. I'm glad you got medical help!

If you've got three days to fill, you can always read around this site -- you're among friends here who understand what you're going through. Here's a thread that might be helpful, on making a recovery plan:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

And if you're open to AA, that would be a great way to spend the weekend as well. Maybe give it a try?

Keep posting and hang in there -- the info and support here can help you get sober for good.

Last edited by tursiops999; 09-02-2016 at 09:31 PM. Reason: fixed link, I hope
Old 09-05-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Went to 2 AA meetings today and got my 24 hour chip. Glad to have finally gotten the first ones out of the way. I really liked the first one and see this as a great tool on the road for me. Hopefully I can make it stick this time.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
quat

Originally Posted by rockyMTNrider View Post
How do I edit? I have been trying to do it but i cant figure it out. I am logged in and can make new posts but i do not see the icon at the bottom of any previous posts.
Sorry I wasn't referring to the post per se , I meant that you can change your mindset going forward.
The AV wants to keep the present tense , you have the power to tell the AV to pound sand. IT wants to keep thinking that after such and such a time after stopping a return to drinking is inevitable ect, that can all be in past and stay there.
After stopping the battle/conflict with the AV is literally a mind game, adopting a mindset that ackowledges the past but recognizes that that past does Not dictate the future is key.
wish you well and hope to see you around
Old 09-05-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by rockyMTNrider View Post
Went to 2 AA meetings today and got my 24 hour chip. Glad to have finally gotten the first ones out of the way. I really liked the first one and see this as a great tool on the road for me. Hopefully I can make it stick this time.
That's great news rocky! Keep going to the meetings and use all the tools available there..consider working the steps and getting a sponsor. There's a lot of support here too, you could join the class of September thread for some daily support and camaraderie here too. The more you put into sobriety, the more you'll get out of it.