SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Bipolar with drinking problem (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/396865-bipolar-drinking-problem.html)

eeerooo 08-30-2016 06:30 PM

Bipolar with drinking problem

I recently quit my job because I was mobbed. I am very smart and talented but I have my illness and I was not accepted where I work.:dee I would wake up with a positive attitude and try to do good things but by the time the day is over, all I want to do is drink. I ended up quitting. I'm really depressed. Nobody appreciated my where I work. Now I am home everyday. I am so isolated.

Dee74 08-30-2016 06:38 PM

It's good to see you back eeerooo - I'm sorry things aren't to great now tho.

I'm not sure what you mean by mobbed tho?

D

eeerooo 08-30-2016 06:39 PM

I just wish that I could get a job helping people like me. There are so many of us. I used to be really athletic, I love cooking, sewing knitting and crocheting. Its hard when you are not appreciated at work but you have talent but you are sick.

eeerooo 08-30-2016 06:41 PM

I was at a job for 7 years and I was never appreciated. I guess I didn't fit in and throughout the years different people there bullied my to the point where I had to quit my job.

eeerooo 08-30-2016 06:44 PM

Thank you Dee74 for caring.

Dee74 08-30-2016 06:52 PM

I'm sorry you had that experience eeeroo - sounds like its for the best you left there.

What are you doing about your BDP and your alcoholism right now?

If you want to help others maybe volunteering is a good idea - it can get you out of the house and can help on a CV too? :)

D

eeerooo 08-30-2016 06:57 PM

I'm gonna try to get vocational rehab. because I can't keep a job. It gets me to the point where my mind is racing and all I want to do is get drunk. But when I try to go a night without drinking, I don't sleep at all and my blood pressure goes up. Something has got to work.

Gottalife 08-31-2016 01:22 AM

One of the most hellish times of my drinking was the first geographical to a small country town where everybody was called Alan. My reputation preceeded me a bit, and it wasn't long before each day at work became a battle, sometimes physical. Oneday I got in my little car to drive home, it was just an old bomb and two Alans put a hose in the window and soaked me. A few nights later I found my little car covered in used sump oil. It was awful.

Why do people do things like that? There was me an upstanding meber of the community -NOT. I had already stolen a car while drunk, which I think work knew about and didn't like -obviously- I had also pinched all the booze the young apprentice had, and refused to give it back. God nows what I said to them after hours if we met socially.

It was a horrible time and I still don't like that town. But looking at it honestly, I think they gave me a fair chance, and I blew it. In AA we say made decisions based on self which later put me in a position to be hurt. And that was about the size of it.

Eventually getting arrested for that car theft was one of the events that pushed me towards recovery.

4givn 08-31-2016 02:15 AM

I am a person with bipolar disorder and I understand how you feel.
It has been a struggle for years.
I often feel misread by my co-workers but now I have become more open about my mental illness.When I tell them about this diagnosis they seem to understand better.I can even joke about some of my quirky ways and reactions and it puts others at ease.
I hope you find work that you enjoy doing even if the pay is less
It makes all the difference.
Our disease can be managed. I have had much relief from my symptoms with my current med regime. But stopping the use of alcohol is up to me and when I don't drink I can see things more clearly and make strides toward my goals. By not drinking I can at least take one load off my shoulders.
Take care and stay close to SR

theVman31 08-31-2016 02:34 AM

Nice to meet you.

Start by helping people here with your experiences...
I believe alot of addicts are forces of nature, hyperactive people and often very very intelligent...

eeerooo 08-31-2016 07:19 PM

I really want to help people going thru this. There are so much of us. People rejected by our bosses, families, we are still people. I have suffered, I have 3 beautful children. Even though my relationship with them was not perfect, they love me in their own way and know that I am not a bad person. I am not a bad person. I will be there for any of you that want to talk to me.

eeerooo 08-31-2016 07:22 PM

please talk to me. i love to talk

BeFree1971 09-01-2016 07:06 PM

hang in there eeerooo! :shine8pl:

Dee74 09-01-2016 07:16 PM

sorry I missed your post eeerooo - how are you doing? :)

D

Dee74 09-01-2016 07:16 PM

sorry I missed your post eeerooo - how are you doing? :)

D

D122y 09-01-2016 07:24 PM

The SR team will be here, me included.

Post often about your thoughts. It helps everyone.

I am on and off all day. Like checking the stock market.

My boss doesn't like me much either. He doesn't like anyone really.

He has hired so many new people in the last few years. I feel like there is no room for me. I am only 52.

I have to believe in myself. I rest better believing God has a plan for me.

It helps. Plus the Lord's Prayer and the Serenity Prayer.

Thanks for the post.