Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

How long was it before you felt "normal" or healthy?

Notices

How long was it before you felt "normal" or healthy?

Old 08-29-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Che

You can speed up recovery of your mental abilities by doing intellectually stimulating activities. Pick up a difficult game like Chess or Go. Read difficult books. Play video games even. Whatever stimulates those neurons.

Same goes for physical health. Use your body or lose it.

Don't just wait around wondering how long it's gonna take for your head to feel better. I promise it won't even be a year if you work at it. It can be the rest of your life if you just vegetate, with or without the alcohol.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have only been exercising the last week and can feel a difference in recovery speed.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Normal.... had to go and look in the ladies room mirror.. bad weekend and still not a happy body.. not from the drinking of the past .. but a spider bite this weekend.. but had to look in the mirror any who... who who and a beep beep.. guess that is my normal...
Old 08-29-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Everyone's metabolisms are different. I've heard of people having lingering effects for up to a year. I'm 48 and quit last year. It took me about 2-4 weels to feel normal, and yes I feel fortunate that is the case.

It's cliche to say this, but diet an exercise plays a large part in how you feel. I exercise and feel very good, I would probably feel even better if I cleaned up my diet, but I love food. Keep us posted and congrats on 4 weeks.