Notices

8 months.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

What's been happening Sleepie? . . . I and others are so made up for you over your Sober time!!
Old 08-24-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I know this- when I hurt someone I apologize. I apologize for my actions, not for their feelings. But, that's just me. I was forced to grow up pretty quick and pretty hard, so maybe those who had easier, softer upbringings don't feel as responsible for their words and actions.
sleepie, i hope and pray that real soon you stop allowing yourself to be tbe victim which is self destruction,stop focusing on how everyone else behaves and allowing them to control you, and start recovery.

some very good reads:

14 Signs Someone Is Always Playing The Victim

https://healthpsychologyconsultancy....m-personality/

heres some great reads on solutions

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...he-victim-game

How to Stop Being a Victim

i hope and pray you decide to start changing yourself.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

As zjw said, I keep my side of the street clean.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Big hugs for you Sleepie. Congrats on 8 months clean and sober! You deserve a special treat.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

We're having a floor picnic. We got a bunch of cheap treats and fruits and some veggies and hummus, that kind of stuff. A tray of pseudo sushi from the supermarket. Music and conversation. I guess what they call "quality time". I had to arrange it all, bf never really does but I guess at least he plays along.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

So my nightly dilemma regarding sleep. Do I just forget it, stay up and watch tv all night and face another upside down day in which I'm poorly rested, take a Benadryl which makes me feel bad the next day, or just lay in bed sleepless? I always feel awful the next day no matter which one.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
zjw

So my nightly dilemma regarding sleep. Do I just forget it, stay up and watch tv all night and face another upside down day in which I'm poorly rested, take a Benadryl which makes me feel bad the next day, or just lay in bed sleepless? I always feel awful the next day no matter which one.
I know this. I just took the lay in bed sleepless approach and like once a week I'd crash. It was the solution I could come up with. And then yes struggle for my sanity try and keep a smile,lie on my face and remain sober employed pay the bills etc. while being sleep deprived still dunno how I did it or still do at times but somehow crap just seems to work out not always perfect but things come around. Again pat yourself on the back because despite your circumstances you are still slugged it out. Stand still change direction or get a change of scenery but don't go backwards.

Hang in there.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
now's the time

Congratulations, sleepie!

I know that sleepless choice so well. It's awful and I've never figured out the right answer. I really hope that as time goes by sleep gets easier for you.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Insomnia will make a person nuts.

I have reverse sleep. Once I stay up too late that's all it takes. Mostly it's anxiety, just too anxious to sleep. I've always been nocturnal.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hey sleepie -- good to see you & congratulations on sticking with sobriety.

I probably sound like Little Miss Sunshine these days especially to people who knew me at the beginning. I'm not -- in fact, I've been really stressed & feeling kind of crazy lately -- but even so, I know that any authentic experience of good I find in life comes through sobriety. And I do experience that goodness -- it took much more than 8 months, but I feel it powerfully, sometimes.

So. I believe you'll find goodness in your life, too. Onward!
Old 08-24-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I've been reading about benzo withdrawal. It really takes a long time, this is not easy. I think the benzos and drinking together really did something. It's not child's play getting off this stuff.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:11 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
p***enger

Nope, it's not. I wasn't on benzos, but I had a long history of alcoholism & drug addiction before that. It took a long time for me to start to feel better. Don't give up now -- you've come a long way forward, though I know it doesn't always feel that way.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:22 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I've read a lot if stories about the benzos, they really are a special kind of hell and for some it doesn't even take but a few weeks to get addicted! I need to read up on exactly how it works on the brain but I'm tired and my attention is not wanting it.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:10 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hello TheVman nice to meet you and how are you coming along in sobriety?
Old 08-24-2016, 11:21 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Fraggle

I was obsessed with Nick Cave/Birthday Party etc. many years ago. I saw him perform and he was really tall and lanky and resembled a Fraggle. An angry one with tall black hair. What would his Fraggle name be?
Wait. Did you say fragile as in fragile rock. I remember that when I was a kid. That one stopped me in my tracks for a couple of beats. Really made me laugh!
Old 08-24-2016, 11:23 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

And congrats. 8 months is gggreat!
Old 08-24-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Yes I meant Fraggle Rock Walkinandtalkin, sure did lol

Oops I meant Talkinandwalkin
Old 08-24-2016, 11:31 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

It's ok. Funny thing is after over a year of sobriety I can't remember why on earth I even picked that name. I am serious no idea! I am going to have to watch Fraggle Rock. I wonder if it is on Netflix.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:35 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello TheVman nice to meet you and how are you coming along in sobriety?
Nice to meet you too.
Be aware my post got pulled so i got a slap on the back of the hand from D You dont want get on his bad side But he was right it was medical advice...

Its very early days but really good at the moment, thanks for asking !

Starting the 3rd month
Old 08-24-2016, 11:35 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Ok. Now that really made me think. What if... Our names evolved in real life that were descriptive of how we felt versus an arbitrary set of letters.