Notices

No excuse except I really like it 😔

Old 08-18-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No excuse except I really like it 😔

I am sober for 12 days. I was contemplating getting sober before that but couldn't stop the cravings. In my mind I kept thinking the only way for me to stop drinking was to go to rehab but couldn't do that for fear of what my friends and family would think. The last time I got drunk I was sick for 2 days after. Vomitting, shaking, headache, it was aweful ..... At the same time my blessing. Went to a rock concert 2 nights ago and it was so tempting. I know my husband thought I wasn't near as fun as I normally am but I think when it stops feeling awkward to not drink I will be fun again. I again will be tempted tonight at a social setting where everyone will be drinking except me but I'm pretty sure I will be ok. Last weekend I was at a family reunion and there was alcohol there and my brother got so drunk he made a complete fool of himself and I was so thankful it wasn't me. He called to apologize and I told him some of the stuff he did and said that it wasn't cool hoping to make him think about quitting drinking but he started drinking the next day before noon. 😞 I've started praying again 😊 And setting goals for myself. You guys are all I have in this journey to get sober. I can't seem to make a public stance on it with my family, friends and co-workers. It's funny I had some wine and vodka in the house and poured it out and took the bottles to the trash, I think my husband thought I drank it. LOL. Thank you for listening and not judging the relapses. Every morning I wake up and didn't drink the night before makes me smile. Thanks again for listening.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Che

Good luck, LadyBug.

I think setting goals is the right thing to do.

On the being fun part... I think that's usually a trick we play on ourselves. Alcohol deprives you of self-awareness.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You know, you are probably right about the fun part.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So happy for you that you are on the right track and implementing healthy tools for your recovery- setting goals, bein grateful in the morning for knowing you made good choices and aren't sick in the morning, and reestablishing your faith.

I would just be careful with the thinking "oh I wasn't as fun as I usually am" or mentioning how you be more fun later on. Thinking that you aren't "fun" anymore is one of the tricks our mind tells us to try to rationalize drinking just like saying sobriety is "boring". Your recovery is what you make it, there are unlimited amount of things you can do and enjoy in recovery but you won't notices those options and activities and you won't seem to enjoy them if in the back of your mind you already have decided you are not fun.

You can do this! Keep setting goals and reaching out, it helps to have a plan and a safe place to talk, vent, complain, and just feel free to say your mind.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is great news, well done!!

Andrew
Old 08-18-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You know what you are so right! At the concert I just kept thinking I was ruining my husbands fun and that seemed to be one of the biggest temptations to get a drink.