Notices

My healthy endeavor log.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Also sleepie, food and a healthy nutrition plan is super important when exercising. Z has shared some of his food plan - but one thing for certain is that trying to cut calories AND add exercise is a recipe for disaster if there isn't a plan to get both enough food and enough of your different macros. Z fuels his running with lots of carbs in the form of fruit and vegetables. That's important, otherwise you bonk due to lack of calories and glycogen in your muscles.

There is a lot of research on the internet about proper nutrition. Just make sure you're eating enough and getting some carbs - and drinking a lot of water. I can totally feel dead if I don't eat enough and try to do the same walk up the same hill that I just did yesterday and felt great yesterday because I ate enough yesterday.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah i dont want it to sound easy tho either theres been a zillion days where i've had to battle with myself to get out there . 99% of the time once i'm out there i'm ok but if i'm not feeling ti still after 5 or 10 minutes will say screw it and go back home.

I low carbed a lot of the weight off. It was effective but probably not the healthiest thing in the world lol.

The day i started smashing in the carbs is the same day i started sprinting up the hills. Go figure! I used to struggle so much with the hills before that.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
zjw

fun tidbit. both today and yest i sweated off 6lbs each time i ran. I of course put it right back on with fluids. but hey i lost 12lbs in 2 days lol.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

You weigh yourself more than one time a day?

No one has ever called you obsessive have they, Z?
Old 08-12-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

478 breaths

30 minutes mini stepper
Old 08-12-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I met a woman the other day who said she was fruterian and didn't go to the Dr for 18 years because she felt fine. Then she almost had a coma and turned out to be diabetic. I don't really want an extreme diet either way right now just shooting for laying off the white carbs.

It is 70 percent humidity and 86 degrees in here right now and I feel a little woozy - ish. This has got to stop it just has to.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
You weigh yourself more than one time a day?

No one has ever called you obsessive have they, Z?
5 diff scales and a body fat meter to curse all in my bathroom. I dont have a problem or anything....
Old 08-12-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just bk in from evening exercises I carried 5kg to help even more my quads are hurting but it's going to be worth it keep doing your thing Sleepie
Old 08-12-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I met a woman the other day who said she was fruterian and didn't go to the Dr for 18 years because she felt fine. Then she almost had a coma and turned out to be diabetic. I don't really want an extreme diet either way right now just shooting for laying off the white carbs.

It is 70 percent humidity and 86 degrees in here right now and I feel a little woozy - ish. This has got to stop it just has to.
thats pretty scary ! wonder if she was type 1 diabetic or type 2. I know a type 1 would obviously still need some insulin and such no matter what diet they go on.

my extreme diet is 80-90% of my calories from carbs. It fuels my running well and so on. I read the kenyan runners eat just about the same way so I figure there might be something to it as far as running goes.

Extreme diets when it comes to vegan diets I laugh. whats more extreme gutting an animal and eating it or peeling open a banana lol. Ok let me put my vegan drum back . lol

I guess my banana diet could be viewed as a extreme tho depending on the persepective et.c.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

That's cool SW
Hey SW did you go see " Suicide Squad"?

Did anyone see it? I have been waiting for it
Old 08-12-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm in a bad mood today. I'm sick of the heat, just sick of it. I can't wait to be able to wear some clothes I actually like instead of dragging myself around in whatever I won't have a heat stroke in.

I'm worried my efforts won't pay off, too. Like I'll still just end up sick. I'm really not used to things working out no matter how hard I try.

I'll be first in line for that gutted animal. I always did better with animal protein.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hope you are feeling better from the heat from yesterday, sleepie,

I have 20 lbs to lose. It's so daunting. Gone are the days when 5 lbs would get me into my skinny jeans! I blame it on my 40's.... And cookies.

I'm optimistic cutting carbs will do it, and have to get back into walking. Doc tells me weight training 3x a week will help, too.

So far so good today!
Old 08-12-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I'm in a bad mood today. I'm sick of the heat, just sick of it. I can't wait to be able to wear some clothes I actually like instead of dragging myself around in whatever I won't have a heat stroke in.

I'm worried my efforts won't pay off, too. Like I'll still just end up sick. I'm really not used to things working out no matter how hard I try.

I'll be first in line for that gutted animal. I always did better with animal protein.
Hang in there! I knwo how you feel i'm not exactly mad at summer yet but i'm more then ready for the next season to just be here already!! and i'm just now picking the sweet corn and pulling in piles of tomatos summers not done yet for me but i'm done with it!

I used to think my hard efforts wouldnt pay off becuase wtf should anythign good happen to me. It never has never will etc.. I dunno I guess you get so used to being crapped on you dont expect any diff nor do you even think that you deserve anything better.

But you deserve more and good things should happen to you. I dont care what anyone says or what you say You deserve more and good things should happen to you. Your worth a heck of a lot more then you think you are and so on.

I know how it is tho everythins crap everthings gonna be crap all i ever get is crap all i'll ever get is crap etc... In time hopefully you'll start getting some mor ein your life then nonsense etc..

I know i hit a point where even when good things did happen to me i felt very VERY uncomforable with it. Like i was in the wrong place or something like my life wasnt suppost to be good I wasnt allowed to have that etc.. it can still be a very strange feeling when things go my way. I'm just not used too it.

I think I mentioned it to you once before where it feels so wierd when you meet someone new and they treat you like a human being instead of a pile of crap like you used to being treated. its liek WOW this person is treating me like a person INCREDIBLE and it feels so out of place.

I hope it gets better soon. Your taking the right steps.

I know for me i started out walking. I walked every single day rain or shine and zillions of days i didnt want too. Being obsesessive worked in my favor. But it took about 6 months till it was like habit.

those walks where so much for me i mean excercise yeah i guess. but I enjoyed getting outside seeing the sun the rain the snow the trees etc.. I'd work out my thoughts each day in those 30 minutes. sometimes on bad days i went multiple times a day becuase i had a lot of garbage to work through. A nice side affect was the weight started to come off which was the initial point of the walks but they became much more then just that in the end.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
p***enger

sleepie I dunno about every day or not different people have different styles-- I tend to over-regimen myself at first -- at least it gets me off to the right start & I figure I can always slack off once the habit is established.

Reading your posts makes me dare-I-say happy for you? You may not feel it, but you sound like you've made a big jump forward from even a month ago.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
sleepie I dunno about every day or not different people have different styles-- I tend to over-regimen myself at first -- at least it gets me off to the right start & I figure I can always slack off once the habit is established.

Reading your posts makes me dare-I-say happy for you? You may not feel it, but you sound like you've made a big jump forward from even a month ago.
good point courage! its true sleepie you have come a long long way. No doubt things are nor perfect probably never will be but you've come a long way.

I hate to be like this but have you made a gratitude list etc..? Or at the very least when you feel bad about one thing can you be greatful about something else in that moment? I notice when i'm feeling really bad about one thing if i can manage to stop and be thankful for something it usually makes me feel better. granted this doesnt happen all the time and many times i wonder around ranting and raving lol but it does work when i manage to do it.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I had a bag of frozen cauliflower with mysterious day gold orange cheese "sauce" for lunch. Only 150 calories in the whole thing. Maybe I'll eat another later, we have a few. At least it's vegetables.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm on a no carb diet lost about a stone already & I havnt seen suicide squad yet but wait to catch it soon

Xxx
Old 08-12-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Sleepie,
I haven't been around for a while but it looks like your doing really good. Sorry your having a bad day today.

You go girl!!!!
Old 08-12-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi guys, thanks aussie- are you biking any?

I used to live on my bike, just never a day without it. It was stolen last year though, and it really is getting very dangerous to bike here. A lot of people get hit. Including myself.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
orangutan

Sleepie , I am not riding or doing anything to help myself at the moment, I gave in to my storm phobia last week and have been drinking daily. I am trying to get my head back into the right place to get sober again.

Did you get another bike?