Notices

Keeping Busy

Old 08-01-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keeping Busy

Hey everyone,

I haven't been around the forum lately. I don't like it, but I don't have internet in my new apartment yet. I'm leaving for England on Thursday!

I'm officially two months without a drink, and sober life is treating me great. I feel so awesome, and I have so much get-up-and-go. It's just... mind-blowing. I'm up every morning doing something and actually taking care of myself. I've been to the doctor's for general check-ups and getting caught up on all my vaccines. I'm eating better.

My only problem is that I am a little lost as for what I'm supposed to be doing. It's strange to have all this time freed up where I don't feel absolutely horrendous or stumbling around drunk. I've been managing to keep busy, but with moving and going on a trip there's not much in the way of a routine. Once I get back, I'll have a more steady day job, and I think I'll have some semblance of an adult life. I completely forgot how to be an adult the past two years! I get my own place and I'm all... "What? I need to remember to buy toilet paper? Light bulbs??"

Anyway, I apologize for the long, rambling post, but they're happy ramblings and that is such a good feeling. Today marks day one of cutting out soda, my improvement for this month. I successfully went through July without energy drinks!

Thank you to everyone here for being so supportive. I never thought I could do this, and I hope anyone reading this who feels that way sees that it's possible, and there is this crazy, amazing light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations sdi9285!

Amazing how much time is consumed drinking, isn't it? I felt like a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders when I stopped.

Sounds like you doing well.

I'm very happy for you!
Old 08-01-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Big congrats on month 2 my friend are you going England for a holiday ?
Old 08-01-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Fantastic news SDI, thanks for sharing and congrats on 2 months. You have come a LONG way since you first came here to SR, give yourself a pat on the back for some hard work.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go sdi

D