Notices

What is the point?

Old 07-31-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It can't rain forever. When it turns around, and it WILL turn around, you'll be able to actually enjoy it because you'll be sober! Life will send you another job, another car, a better apartment. Don't ruin the moment by being drunk when it all shows up
Old 07-31-2016, 09:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How are you tonight BBE ?
Old 08-01-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
zjw

I've been watching that tv show shameless. There are parts of the show that are funny. The family is disturbing / really disfunctional. Everythings a mess basicly because the father is an alcoholic addict etc... There are times i'm like oh man this guy reminds me of me anything for the drink etc... There are times I laugh and times i just feel bad for this poor family. and as much as they can tend to make light of his sickness and I wont lie sometimes it can seem funny ultimately the more and more I watch it the more and more I dont ever wanna go back to it.

Back when I drank I never paid much attention to what i was doing had i been able to be the fly on the wall and watch my own life I probably would have asked myself WTF am i doing a lot sooner and quit.

I hope things turn around for you soon but you dont have to drink.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

How are you doing today Blueeyes? You have what it takes to do this, and we're always here if you need to share.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

For me, it was around 60 days sober that I realized what a complete sh---t mess my life was. I looked around and my world was on fire. But I persisted, stayed sober, and things gradually got better. Sobriety is not an overnight matter. It takes time. You deserve to recover. Please put down the alcohol and recommit to a sober life.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I saw this on social media today and really liked it for my own situation. I thought it may give you comfort as well!

"Sometimes what we think is the greatest tragedy in our life turns out to be one of the greatest blessings that we could have ever possibly had."

As far as wasting time of people on SR? You're not wasting MY time. I understand where you are. BTDT and have the t-shirt! One thing that I know though is that drinking will NOT solve a darn thing.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

There is always a point. And I think the main point is making sure we go out our way to find a point.
My bpd makes me struggle with very black and white thinking. I agree with other posters. ... positive forward action will help you feel better in the long run.
Drinking now would be about the equivalent of solving your problems by putting your head on the baseball bat, spinning around in circles and then trying to walk a straight line.
Stick around and vent all you want. We're all here to help each other out
Old 08-01-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hoping you come back & talk to us, BBE. We care.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Im here all. I just had to deal with some retaliation since the landlord is starting the eviction process on my neighbor.

He begged me not to leave and instead told him to get out. The guy came home screaming and slamming doors. I hate PTSD, I immediately think he is going to come up here and kill me.

I dont have anywhere to go. Everyone thinks I am being "dramatic" but I am a female, alone about 120 and he is a huge male at 200 lbs below me separated by a paper thin door.

It's 1am and I am still up. I just have to get thru tonite and I can get a hotel.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You all are great. I bought a car charger and packed meds in my car in case I have to leave asap. I don't believe in guns because of my daughter.

I have a rental. Thanks to car insurance.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:03 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear you have plans and are staying safe blue....tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Glad you're doing better and I hope this drama stops! How frustrating. Sounds like the ball is rolling though for the eviction process. Light at he end of the tunnel for you!
Old 08-02-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hang in there BBE!! sounds like some steps in the right direction. Hoping for some peace for you my friend.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you BBE. I hope this awful time leads to better days.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 08-02-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well my landlord decided to meet with him, decided he was a great guy, and let him go. My landlord said he told him we "sing sometimes" too loud.

I let it go, exhaustion.

Until he came home downstairs slamming and screaming top of his lungs. I called my landlord saying I'm done I'm out of here asap with my child and he said no dont.
Back n fourth arguing phone calls nonstop.

I am not an evil person. Even at my most drunk I didn't dance, pound, sing and stop the night away. And God knows I never brought anyone home.

Thing that bothers me most is that my landlord said he was starting the evection process on HIM. 1. He said there are no records on me in town. Period. 2. Why is he looking at me? 3. I have been hit by a car by a drunk driver where are the records? I have called on him over 4 times anf the chief "lost" them.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Here's what I would do:

Get yourself informed and armed with a copy of your state's tenants rights.

Write EVERYTHING down. Make 3 copies and add as you go.

Tell him you want immediate release from the lease and at no cost to you AND you want a resolution to this matter or you will escalate in your defence.

Get thee to the nearest safe haven be it hotel, family, friend, hostel, or shelter.

Be well armed in your knowledge.

Don't be reactionary.
Know your rights.

I was a long time tenant as well as a landlord.
Most landlords want to keep the peace as much as possible.

Don't get walked all over but DON'T shoot yourself in the foot by overstepping in your words or actions.

Remember, your safety and sanity come first.
And you have to pick and choose your battles.
Don't bother talking to a lawyer. A smart landlord and tenant will figure things out civilly.

Record every thing!!!
Stay strong. I wouldn't talk to him until he agrees to a proper resolution in writing.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

The one thing I learned really early on as a renter is if youre not well informed it's very easy to get screwed over. Of course from experience it's very much true on the flip side as well.
Just try to take as much emotion out of it as possible. I paper trailed everything iny tenant/landlord days to make sure my ass was always covered and i could sleep well at night.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I feel dumb as I cried in front of my landlord. I said I don't want to live in fear and started crying like an idiot. I feel so dumb for being so sensitive all the time as the tenant then texted me saying things like I "want him but can't have him" and I am just "jealous". Who says that?

I am documenting everything. And I am not drinking. People are a real trigger though, jeez. I have things in front of the door we share to block it and am afraid to walk to my car or go outside so I even called off work. My landlord thinks Im nuts Im sure. Stupid PTSD.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Do your best

Blueeyes