Notices

Checking in!

Old 07-21-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in!

Hey everyone. I haven't been posting much lately. Guess I just haven't had anything interesting to say. Sober life is nice and "boring," and I love it. I'm over 7 weeks (51 days) without a drink!

I feel amazing. I've gotten so much confidence back. It's been a long time since I've really said that I can and will do anything I choose to. I'm moving into my own place (I've been living with my mom) before I go to England for a month and a half to be with my fiance. So, I'll be coming back to a new place I can call my own. Seems dumb to get it ahead of time, I know, but the lease will time out perfectly for next year when I go back to school this way.

Also, I got a new job to come back to! I'm done bartending in a week and a half! My therapist offered me a job as his new secretary, since his just quit and he knew I was going to be looking for a full time job when I get back. I did tell my bosses at the bar that I would be willing to cover now and then if they are desperate and I'm available. That will be the extent of my bartending career.

I feel like life is really coming together. I'm sober and happy. Life is good.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like everything is going great sdi - congrats

D
Old 07-22-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 7 weeks and the new upcoming job, that should be a big relief! Don't be a stranger, we'd love to hear more!
Old 07-22-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can't believe that anything you say would not be interesting or worth saying. I loved reading your post. Please keep writing. Sounds like getting the lease ahead of time is a GOOD idea. How exciting to have that to look forward to! I loved the time I spent in England. Folks were so kind, and I loved the weather. Enjoy the new air and the new people!
Old 07-23-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time. Happy everything is going so well for you