SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   One week (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/394533-one-week.html)

jimmyc 07-14-2016 11:15 PM

One week

Hi guys

Just checking in as I'm now one whole week since my last drink (well, 9th day today). Feeling a lot more upbeat physically, got a bit more energy etc, but mentally my head is still attacking me from every direction. The good thing is it seems my sleeping pattern is recovering - Had to force a 28hr period awake just to get things back on track.

Doctors on monday went OK - Will be sorting out some 1-2-1 counselling, so that should help with underlying issues.

Take care.

endlesspatience 07-14-2016 11:28 PM

Nine days is a big achievement. Well done. What is in your programme now to stay sober? For me, I find it basically revolves about being in a supportive network of other people in recovery. That includes you and everyone else on SR. I also have a sponsor I see regularly and I go to meetings and make contact with new people from meetings when it's appropriate.

I'm sensing you'd really benefit and probably enjoy some face to face support at this challenging time.

Soberwolf 07-15-2016 03:01 AM

:scoregood

Excellent job Jimmy

doggonecarl 07-15-2016 04:14 AM

Congrats on the sober time. You do sound upbeat! Don't let the comings lows (and they will come) derail you. Stay strong, stay sober.

ElleSki 07-15-2016 05:41 AM

Congrats on your sobriety! You can do this 😊

Whodathunk 07-15-2016 06:14 AM

9 days is so great!!! Well done Jimmy. The first time I can't tell you how many days it took to get to 9 days.

In April of 2015 when I relapsed, it took me till July 10 to start getting my 9th day.

Super great. Keep us posted on your progress.

ScottFromWI 07-15-2016 07:48 AM

Excellent job JimmyC - congrats on your hard work to get where you are today. You literally sound like a different person from when you initially started posting here, and in a very good way.

The mental phase of recovery definitely takes longer than the physical for most. The sleep will improve and that will help, but remember to try and find ways to engage the "sober" you intellectually as well - whether that's through reading and posting here, attending meetings, reading, etc.

thomas11 07-15-2016 08:43 AM

Really glad to hear that Jimmy, was pretty worried about you. Keep going man.

TroyM 07-15-2016 01:11 PM

Good job Jimmy!

jimmyc 07-15-2016 10:11 PM

Thanks a lot guys, your comments are appreciated. 10th day today - Haven't got much planned, might just keep the house and everything in check. My mum's off to Mauritius for 2 weeks today, making me the only one in the house as my dad's in Australia. Should be fun, no one to tell me to turn my music down...

Berrybean 07-16-2016 12:09 AM

Well, maybe make plans to meet some sober friends. Also try to keep your eating and sleeping routine going. Those HALT triggers (Hunger-Anger-Lonely-Tired) are more powerful than many of us recognise, especially early on.

JK130 07-16-2016 08:22 AM

It's so nice to hear that you're doing well! Carry on!