Notices

drunk abuser dream

Old 07-12-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zjw

drunk abuser dream

Last night i had a dream. I set out to meet up with my step father (abuser alcoholic) and give him a tongue lashing for all that he did to me. Upon getting there I found him in a crummy state. I proceded to let him have it for all he did to me. He responed with how he new and was sorry but was so out of control and how he's ruined his life with booze and after leavin gmy life went on to ruin other peoples lives all ebcuase of his addiction and he just wanted help but didnt know where to begin.

how did I respond? it was at that point I saw myself in him and had some compassion rolled up my sleeves and said come on lets get you some help lets get this fixed up no one deserves to live like this etc..

I woke up thinking geeze this is great and noble of me in my dream to help him but in all reality a bit risky I would think.

But it made me feel better that i'm not so low to tell him i hope he rots with his addiction etc... that despite how mad i am at him I can still see him as a human being who simply needs some help is all.

I hope this thread helps anyone else out there struggling with anything simlier.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds a bit like a dream version of some of the inner-city rescue mission work I did. Great stuff.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah i sometimes ask myself what if an anonymous user on this sight was someone who had done me wrong? Obviously i'd blindly help them out but what if after the fact i learned there true identity would that make them any less then human? nope.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's really vivid, all I seem capable of are stress dreams or no dreams!
Old 07-12-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

i've had some sleepie that where like living it all over again as well. but luckily that doesnt happen.

the odd thing is tho when ever i have one where i set out to basicly unleash judgement each and every time i end up seeing this guy with some sympathy and compassion no matter how angry i am starting off it always ends like this.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's interesting. I used to have stress dreams about being back home with no job and no place to go, then one time, one time only did I have a dream where I actually gave them a very sound talking to about what they did, and the effects.

There was no cursing, no anger just a simple cut and dry laying out of the facts and I recall feeling really good. It was strange, I was so much more articulate about it than I can ever be in real life.