SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   can't take it anymore (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/394301-cant-take-anymore.html)

Truckinon 07-10-2016 06:46 AM

can't take it anymore

It just hurts so bad. How did everything go so wrong in sobriety.

Mountainmanbob 07-10-2016 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Truckinon (Post 6038004)

How did everything go so wrong in sobriety.

There are no guarantees in sobriety that life will run smoothly. And it's good to remember that if we were drinking things would probably be much worse.

It's so easy to fool ones self -- I'm a pro.

MB

sugarbear1 07-10-2016 07:15 AM

I am sure if you stay sober you will figure out what needs to be done! Stay strong and stay stopped!!!

My life is a mess after 5 years of sobriety, but I prefer sobriety to drinking today. Things can change for both of us!

ScottFromWI 07-10-2016 07:16 AM

Life is hard sometimes, but drinking will make it even harder. Anything specific we can help with Truckinon?

Gottalife 07-10-2016 07:49 AM

Got fired from my job at six weeks sober, a few eeks after that was kicked out of a relationship and a house. Just when I thought everything should be alright.

I learnt God never sends us more than we can handle for one day.

I see you are doing the work from your other posts. That's what I was doing. Keep on with the work, keep after that relationship with the God of your understanding, and it will be OK. Remember the third step promises? Your new employer will provide what you need.

Truckinon 07-10-2016 02:43 PM

I have a lot of guilt and shame about the situations my family and I are in. I know some of it is the poor me's. But everything is too overwhelming.

Truckinon 07-10-2016 02:45 PM

I forgot to say thank you for all your replies.

sugarbear1 07-10-2016 03:12 PM

Ernest Kurtz, Shame & Guilt

Ernest Kurtz wrote Shame and Guilt, it's a good read. Maybe you and your sponsor can read it together?

Behappy1 07-10-2016 08:51 PM

Hey Truckinon - I understand how you feel fully. I was sober and was let go from a great job due to ramifications from my drinking. I've never been so much as reprimanded in a job. EVER. The first thing that I wanted to do was drink. ALOT. And I did for a day and a half. That took my anxiety away for that day and a half. But it was two fold after that. This was over a month ago. Things are still not where I want them to be at all. But I believe as Gottalife says- "God doesn't give us more than we can handle." Sometimes I wonder if God knows that I am a 120 lb female with not broad shoulders... LOL. But I FIRMLY believe that as long as I am doing the right thing and bettering myself and mylife that good things will fall back into place. Better things will come in to my life.

Hang in there, come here often it's been my saving grace many days.

least 07-10-2016 09:16 PM

Guilt is when you know you deserve that traffic ticket for driving too fast. Shame is when you think you're the world's worst driver for getting a ticket. Guilt can be useful, but shame only makes us feel down on ourselves. Learn from the guilt, ditch the shame. :)

KAD 07-10-2016 09:50 PM

Gonna put this here. A fellow member of my home group shared it recently. It seems relevant to what you're going through.

"Regret is an appalling waste of energy, you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in."
--Katherine Mansfield