Notices

This "Pink Cloud" Business

Old 07-11-2016, 07:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree. The freedom and peace and clarity, etc. I've experienced from putting down the bottle has not stopped in over a year and a half. It's not a "pink cloud," it's no longer being poisoned on a daily basis.

I think it's one of those terms that gets kicked around recovery circles, and people repeat it because they hear it over and over ( like the personification of alcohol as a "devil," etc.).
Old 07-11-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

You got this spirituality thing all wrong. Spirituality has nothing to do with religion, higher power, or God. Finding your spiritual being it's about cleansing your soul, being one with self, removing the state of mind that binds you. You know you have reach spiritual malady when you're no longer restless irritable discontent the same sense of ease and comfort which comes at once by taking a few drink-drinks which they see others taking with impunity.

TB
Old 07-11-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I am on a pink cloud, I'd say. When I feel like I am about to slip off, I can always remind myself that I beat alcoholism. Me! I did this thing. And now, I am free to enjoy all the joy and peace and beauty that life brings me every day. I am free to feel the loss and grief and frustration and anger that is an essential part of being human. I am free.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I never got a pink cloud. Some do. Some don't. I used to be mad that I never got one. But, because I never had one, I never lost one. Regardless...good times come and go. Having been sober a while, I have good days and bad days. Good weeks and bad weeks. Life is like that.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
You got this spirituality thing all wrong. Spirituality has nothing to do with religion, higher power, or God. Finding your spiritual being it's about cleansing your soul, being one with self, removing the state of mind that binds you. You know you have reach spiritual malady when you're no longer restless irritable discontent the same sense of ease and comfort which comes at once by taking a few drink-drinks which they see others taking with impunity.

TB
Well, I can't "cleanse my soul" if I don't believe in souls, but I think I see what you're getting at. That's why I'm trying to get more information on AA, to see if I can work around that.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
I am on a pink cloud, I'd say. When I feel like I am about to slip off, I can always remind myself that I beat alcoholism. Me! I did this thing. And now, I am free to enjoy all the joy and peace and beauty that life brings me every day. I am free to feel the loss and grief and frustration and anger that is an essential part of being human. I am free.
That's exactly the thought that makes me so happy. I beat this! It makes me smile every time I remember that.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by sdi9285 View Post
That's exactly the thought that makes me so happy. I beat this! It makes me smile every time I remember that.
I let this pink cloud fuel my future - the only way it can leave me is if I drink again. I have locked that possiblity away forever, and the feeling of relief that comes from never having to worry about it again is simply wonderful. I will never let go of this - it is mine.

Treasure this, sdi. Never sell yourself short. You have accomplished a monumental goal here, one that appears to elude many. What else can you achieve? Onward!