# 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can sort out the car issues SP

That's some good karma there Venecia

D
Old 07-08-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee.

Oh Jennie love ~ bad days can be so very hard to deal with, especially when they are that bad. But getting through sober is pretty wonderful for us....we have the tools to deal with this stuff now.

It doesn't make it fun though.

I think you are making wonderful, well-thought out choices. Really.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

They put clamps on the piece that broke loose that goes from the gear shifter to the cables.

Hope that's the end of this.

I get to test it out tomorrow on the road. That amps up my stress level dramatically.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the flip, Dee.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Suze, thanks for believing in me.

I hope I am making good choices. Anxiety about what-ifs is high for me at the moment.

I feel one wrong turn and I'm derailed or something. Guess it's not based in reality. I'm overanalyzing again.

I believe in what I'm doing. I understand the path I'm taking.

Guess I'm just weakened at this moment. It doesn't extend out to everything I've planned. That's just my crazy brain right now.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

TBH, I spent half of the past week riddled with anxiety about my choices as well.

I am making BIG changes here, and I am going to be doing it all fairly quickly. I am questioning myself. Or I was...

I am pushing through the fear. Trying to stop doubting myself.
Mostly, I am grateful that anxiety doesn't paralyse me the way it used to...I'm sure you must be able to see that in yourself as well J.

You never allow anything to stop you. That is very, very inspiring love.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm really excited about your big changes!
Old 07-08-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah, I see that I'm able to manage the anxiety and stress much better. It's amazing. Never imagined I'd be able to handle so many things at once.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm off to work. This is the last day, thank god. Then after this, it'll just be regular, one day per week for me.

The paycheck will be nice. I hope it was worth it. Somehow I feel there's not enough money in the world to erase this week of hell from my brain.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Best of luck, Jen.
Hang in there.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Old 07-09-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jennie, I hope that your car got fixed and is working well for you today. Thinking of you out there in the heat and hoping it's a good day.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Lunar, those cacti flowers are just gorgeous. I totally loved that video!! You seem to know just the off-the-beaten-path thing to post to make me smile from ear to ear.

Anna, thank you. I made it through! Woohoo! It rained today which cooled things down some, made it bearable and even comfortable later in the day.

Brian drove the SUV while I put the mail in the boxes. I started out from the post office one hour behind (casing is a nightmare!!) and I'd gotten another hour behind by the time he met up with me. He saved me about an hour overall. Plus, having him there beside me helped my anxiety levels drop. He was mostly there for moral support. I looked at him and told him how much I loved him being there and he smiled. I think it caught him off guard. I actually said how pleasant it was to talk with him after being in that office full of chatty woman, lol. I am still awkward with the whole female, gossipy, chatty thing. Some of it just goes right over my head. I have a feeling I miss the point of some of what they say. Women can be so weird and passive aggressive!!

Suze, honestly, your posts last night got me through today. Thank you. I was nearly broken over the car situation and the whole mail bundle catastrophe (was too tired last night to share with you all that I accidentally dropped a bundle of mail and it went all over the place, a total disaster out there, which meant I had to go in early this morning to case that mail and deliver it today!) <--which is why I started out an hour late, cause I can't case fast enough yet! Anyway, those are the boring details. But it is MADNESS from the moment I get there until the end of the day. Total madness.

I am not kidding when I say I wonder sometimes if I will return home that evening! It is a dangerous job.

I'm home and finally relaxing. I have a whole week before I have to step foot in that horrid place again.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Suze, I'm all ready to hear about the changes you're gearing up for.

I know you're planning a trip to the states, right? And are you still enrolled in the editing course? What else is going on?
Old 07-09-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I hope Fantail and Delilah find Part 2 of the thread! And all the others who've posted!
Old 07-09-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jennie, I am so glad things worked out well today, and how sweet that Brian jumped in as driver and moral supporter. That's lovely. I feel exhausted just listening to how much you have to do and how quickly.

I had a day off from the reno today, but we'll be back at it tomorrow, putting down ceramic tile in the main bathroom.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yay, ceramic tile. Sounds good, Anna. So are you all still working on the wood floors or is that finished up?
Old 07-09-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
now's the time

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
I hope Fantail and Delilah find Part 2 of the thread! And all the others who've posted!
Here! I'm in the mountains on my phone. What a stressful few days I missed around here! J, I'm glad it turned out ok in the end. At least now they know that you're tough and able to handle hard situations.

I'm having a really wonderful time. Went rafting with new friends. Thought a lot about how this time last year I wouldn't have been able to because of withdrawals.

Suze, my shower curtain is the brightest pattern I could find to make that room a little less dreary til I can paint.

So impressed with both of you maintaining sobriety through stress and sadness. It sets a great example for me and others .
Old 07-09-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great time, Fantail.