Notices

Big Life Changes Support Group Part 2

Old 07-13-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

G'morning, Lunar.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

We're planning a birthday trip down to some 'sleepy little towns' in Florida Gulf Coast area ... Port St. Joe, Apalachicola, St. George Island, Carrabelle ... to explore and scout out the area to find out if we'd like to relocate there in the future.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

We're looking at some campers online. We've found two in our price range that look pretty cute and have some good features. Luxurious by no means, lol.

It should be fun to take the dogs and go to the beach RV sites. I found one on St. George Island that looks beautiful. There's a national wildlife preserve so it's pristine, undeveloped land that doesn't attract loads of people. I'm thinking it might be the spot for solitude I have in mind.

There's a world famous oyster bar in one of these little towns... and I'm thinking, if so, how could it not attract people? They all seem like tiny, low-key small towns. I like the idea of it so far.

There are lighthouses too! Ever since reading the Moomin books I want to visit lighthouses.

I'm also thinking... I can take the camper by myself or with a dog and disappear for a few days... and write!
Old 07-13-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am about one day away from giving you all the details of my BIG ADVENTURE. I'm very excited and plenty scared.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
now's the time

That sounds like a great trip! I'll look forward to hearing about it.. you can tell me whether I should plan a trip there too. My list of southeastern explorations keeps growing!

Venus, excited to hear about your plans and really happy for you.

LSC, welcome!

I've spent the evening working on the apartment (cleaning, preparing to paint). It's slow going but it feels good to do the work myself. Not that I have a choice! But it's satisfying.

And today is/was my 365th sober, y'all. Tomorrow's my first anniversary. So crazy! I'll have to look for a meeting tomorrow to be face to face with some folks who get it.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
Ha! On the phone right now with my SR friend that I am meeting....we are working out the final dates....I hope.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Fantail!!! How exciting. This is the eve of your one-year milestone.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Suze, how exciting for you, too!

I started reading The Waves by Virginia Woolf tonight on Kindle. It is strange, but beautiful. Really odd so far.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:29 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

That sounds lovely J, and you go fantail! And then you can come and help me paint mine, ha!

And of course I didn't forget...so, my dear friend, we have been on this journey together for almost 3 and a half years now...I am so blessed to know you and have you in my life.

So proud of you, and so very happy for you.

on 1 year!!! ♥
Old 07-13-2016, 10:30 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

This is fantail's day, so I will share my trip details tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Happy one year, Fantail. That's huge! So happy for you.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Suze, you can share your trip details anytime, seriously! I shared my little trip yesterday. Please do not hesitate.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Booking in the morning J ~ Sept 14 - Nov 8. And I have it all mapped out, with plans to see you. I think it will work. I will do details after I book tomorrow...but my thinking is I'm going to be down your way in early October if that works at all....we will talk.

You know how much I want to meet you. ♥

Hmm...I need to talk to you, and a few other people, and then I can work out which dates I will be where.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
now's the time

yay me! Thank you!! When I wake up a bit I'm sure I'm going to be very proud. I need to get a coffee maker at this house!

But yes please do share about your trip Venus. I'm excited to hear about your adventure.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Wow, Suze ... two months of travel!! That is wonderful. That will be a trip of a lifetime really. What an awesome thing you'd got prepared!
Old 07-14-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Fantail, so very proud of you!!!!

Old 07-14-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Oh, Suze ... I was just thinking ... if we get this little camper and I get it livable and functional ... you and I could head to the beaches down here in October!! Since my house is still a wreck and no wood flooring yet (dogs ruined carpet), it might be really amazing to travel with you to that St. George Island and surrounds I mentioned on here yesterday! It's an idea anyway. Or, we could keep it simple and just go to the art museum and botanical garden in Birmingham. Either is fine with me.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm reading Quiet by Susan Cain ... rolling my eyes every few sentences and yet going 'hmm' and 'interesting' as she presents her take on certain people in history who she identifies as introverts and shows why, as well as their impact and power in using their personality to affect change.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Suze, your long holiday/trip sounds wonderful and fun. I'm glad you are having a good time planning .

Fantail, big congratulations to you and you are truly living a life of recovery. You have moved on your own and started a life in a new city and a new apartment. Be very proud of yourself.

Jennie, St. George Island sounds beautiful. It is also very pet friendly apparently. I love the idea of taking off in a camper.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Anna, no dogs loose on the beach, otherwise they're ok leashed, from what I understand. We shall see.