Notices

Big Life Changes Support Group Part 2

Old 07-10-2016, 03:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Today was a very weird day ~ I had a sudden and very painful health issue to deal with (better now I think), and an awful fight with both of my sisters. Sigh.

I got angry. And then I calmed down, and resolved the issue with my sisters (I would so much rather have peace than be right).

Then I re-did my 'list', my plan for the next six months. It is very involved, and I am more determined than ever to move into the life I truly want. I need to just breath tonight, and remember how truly grateful I am that I can move through all of these challenges. In fact, they inspire me and spur me on.

So I will share when I am feeling more coherent.

I am glad you had a day off from the reno Anna. And that you had a lovely time rafting fantail.

I'm so glad Brian drove with you today J ~ that's kind of lovely, actually.
And SO good that you have a week off from the madness.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sure, Suze. Whenever you feel like (or not). No worries.

I am so sorry you had trouble with your sisters today. I hope you all work things out, or find peace somehow.

Sounds like you are in the 'incubating' stage of your changes right now. I love that place. Mulling and tossing things over in your mind, sort of letting it all coalesce before making a move? I know that can be an anxious place as well.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So ... I've been thinkin'. Haha. Imagine that.

Here's what's great about the new postal job. I am being made to take action regularly. Yep, that's it. That's a hard one for me. I have to think fast (which has never been a problem for me) and then ACT immediately ... with no time to sit and think things over, analyze, reconsider -- no, none of that. And that is what I love to do. I love to think and daydream. There is NONE of that going on in this job.

My butt is kicked into overdrive every day, from the moment I get there until I leave the office to drive home.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh yes, you are absolutely right love...and coalesce is such a beautiful word.
I am really looking forward to sharing all of this with you. After a good sleep.

Have a wonderful day not casing and not dealing with fools.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Now, why is this 'great'? It certainly doesn't feel great to me (not yet anyway). I feel rushed, disoriented at times, off balance, flustered, frustrated ... all of that stuff. But the reason I think it's good for me is because I'm being forced into taking action when I don't really feel like it, and I'm having to deal with immediate consequences of my actions, as well as letting go of any perfection (and this is my nemesis!) or tendencies to put a system into place (INTJ stuff; and because there's already a great system in place), and really the best of it -- I have to keep going no matter what. No matter what happens, I keep driving to the next mailbox. I have to leave behind whatever just went wrong.

This is excellent practice for ... something, lol. I don't know what. But it's good stuff that I am rarely forced into. My instincts are to sit on something until it hatches of its own accord. No time for that here.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
...and coalesce is such a beautiful word.
Totally agree.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

We are cerebral Jennie love ~ we live to dream, imagine, plan and create. It is enticing, for me anyway. Like you, being driven to action leads me in a direction that is both aggravating and liberating.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Imagine, plan, and create... oh yes. That's the best in life as far as I can tell. That's the good stuff.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Old 07-10-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fantail, rafting sounds like so much fun. Good for you for getting out there!

Venus, I'm glad you worked out things with your sister and I'm interested in your plan for the next 6 months. That sounds interesting and it\s the best way to get to where you want to be.

Jennie, that's a very interesting take on your job and your personality. You are outside your comfortable space in being pushed to think and act quickly without a lot of thought. This could be just what you need to continue to make your big life changes work for you.

We have half the wood down, but had to get a start on one of the bathrooms, so we will continue with the bathroom - putting grout on the tile, painting, putting back the toilet and installing a new cabinet and sink. Then...we will get back to the wood. We will move at the end of August so we still have time, I hope.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
now's the time

One thing I keep thinking about. There's a guy who was on the trip with us... a new boyfriend of one of the girls. Really great people who I'm happy to be becoming friends with (both of them). He's got an alcohol issue, though. Very clearly to me, probably not to them. He's the kind I was... he's not messy or inappropriate. But he started each day in the morning and continued all day, sometimes by putting it in mugs or other containers that made it more discreet. Second guessed his own consumption a few times (you know, like going for a drink but then kind of asking people if they minded, oh hey why don't you finish this, etc). Reacted really awkwardly to my not drinking, too... I'm pretty sure he knew the real reason or at least suspected.

Not looking for advice. It's just on my mind. I hope he isn't in the spot I think he's in. The new relationship is a good one and I want them to do well together. He's definitely not in the mess I was in towards the end, but he reminded me a lot of me a few years ago. The second day in particular. No one else was drinking and he was sneaking it, then played it off when someone noticed.

I'm not comfortable telling new people why I don't drink. I say it's a health thing. And I'm not going to start telling people. But I do regret that that means I'm not as obvious a resource to people who might be struggling.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:20 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am thinking fantail honey that you are a wonderful resource for people who might be struggling....just like you knew he has a problem, he would have spotted you too, as you said.

The very fact that he was uncomfortable is kind of a good thing. Maybe it made him think. Maybe it will lead him to decide to do something about this.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
We have half the wood down, but had to get a start on one of the bathrooms, so we will continue with the bathroom - putting grout on the tile, painting, putting back the toilet and installing a new cabinet and sink. Then...we will get back to the wood. We will move at the end of August so we still have time, I hope.
Wow, that is very industrious of you and your husband Anna. I so admire people who are willing to do these projects. And it will be so lovely when it is finished....a new bathroom, and beautiful floors.

You will be able to enjoy your new home, along with that incredible feeling of 'we did this'.

I am about one day away from giving you all the details of my BIG ADVENTURE. I'm very excited and plenty scared.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Wow what a great idea for a thread. I need to post here now so it is easy to post when I am ready share in full the Big Life Changes I am considering every day..... wouldn't a crystal ball be nice ...

I am learning to express my opinion better (being more assertive) especially with my AH and making sure things GET DONE rather then get talked about getting done...

I am managing the finances he thought THAT would be a disaster ...it is NOT!!!!

SO many other thoughts running thru my head ...every day ... I am getting there though
Old 07-12-2016, 12:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

So so glad you joined us L

I know you have made HUGE changes this year....and continue to do so.
It's awesome to share all of this and to support each other on our life journeys. ♥
Old 07-12-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

LSC1, it sounds like you're making great positive changes in your life.

I'm glad you joined us here.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

That's a conundrum, Fantail. I get that. How much personal info to divulge in hopes of being available to help someone who might be alcoholic.

LSC, welcome!!
Old 07-12-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

After mulling it over for months, and after running it by a close friend who's done branding and social media, I've finally decided on my new business name! It is as simple as can be, yet classy and professional, and just perfect, I think. Couldn't be happier about it.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:45 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Oooo, that's wonderful J.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hello all!