Notices

Kindling and future medical issues

Old 07-08-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I mean honestly it's to the point I fell ashamed after people start saying all this stuff in response. I really don't try to irritate people, truly. It makes me feel so ashamed and like everyone is sick of putting up with me.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

All I see is people trying to help Sleepie.
You're just as worthy of help as anyone else here

D
Old 07-09-2016, 02:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have mood swings where i cant help but overflow. It isnt pretty.
Lately ive change by diet, cut out spaghetti and bread, am eating brown rice, learning some indian dishes, making tortillas. I make my own sauces. No pre packaged stuff with sugar and corn syrup in it.

It is too soon to tell, but the difference seems apparent. Not a mood swing in a whole week. I get normal hungry not hypoglycemic hungry. I feel a palpably diminished inclination to angrily rant online.

Last blood test i had elevated blood sugar way high cholesterol and high blood pressure and im not over weight. Ive been a huge spaghetti eater my whole life.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I mean honestly it's to the point I fell ashamed after people start saying all this stuff in response. I really don't try to irritate people, truly. It makes me feel so ashamed and like everyone is sick of putting up with me.
sleepie, some people have one response to everything.

You have nothing to be ashamed of and enough successes to be proud.

There's an ignore button for the people that can't see your light.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Please don't feel ashamed Sleepie. Most all of us are struggling with one thing or the other; you are not alone.
Kudos to you for bringing up what is bothering you. I know it isn't easy to put yourself out there, so to speak..
Old 07-09-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

uh oh....is it time to bust out the song again? Here ya go Sleeps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC-oP84mRME
Old 07-09-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
What advice would you have for yourself based on your post?

How would you feel if you tried to help someone and they painted you as being insensitive by twisting your words?

What are you doing to change your thinking, your life, or your mental health issues?

I think some of the frustration is that many people give you advice, but you never do anything with it, so similar posts keep on popping up. And if you don't like the advice, you manipulate people's words to make them feel bad for giving you advice you don't agree with.

It is like you expect the world to change so that you're happy versus realizing you're the one that needs to do the work so that you have a life that you're happy with.

Like tomsteve mentioned, you need to start looking at your role and what actions you are taking to fix things. As they say, nothing changes if nothing changes.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I see common cycle in you threads, Sleepies. You has severe anxiety disorder and you was very horribly abuse and invalidated as child, so I think when you having high anxiety over something, and somebody say thing you perceive as invalidating, is perfect storm trigger. It inscrease you anxiety even more, bring up those feeling of invalidation and shame, wall and defenses go up, and then you just wish to shut down. Well, of course you do. I sure that how you learn to survive and cope. Is like a PTSD reaction.

It total understandable to me. I also understand why other maybe feel frustrate when they perceive you become defensive instead of consider they advice, which they take time after time to give, probable with best of intention.

It really is hard to continual support someone with chronic mental illness, and, it really is hard to BE someone with chronic mental illness. I know from first hand. I hope is somehow bridge to better understanding on both side.

Now I must point out, that this time you do something different, Sleepies. You did not go silent. You come back with you guard down little bit and you express that you feeling shame. Well I think that huge. And I very proud for you to have courage to make self vulnerable and no shut down. I think is more progress. That what I see.

I hope you stays with us Sleepies. You voice and you journey important. As is everybody here.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
zjw

I thnk people are obviously trying to help. But I think the choice of words perhaps gives one the impression that they are tired of it.

I read some of the responses and it sounds like some are just really tired of sleepie and he threads. Maybe they are not but how things are written sometimes I think wow did they jsut say that like I think they said it?

Tho i try to lean more towards compassion vs tough love and I do realize there is a time and a place for each and all the different perpsectives can be nice. Sometimes we do have to hear what we dont want too tho other times it can be uncalled for or out of place.

It could be easy to say sleepie should put on her thick skin this and that etc... But if someone where to pick apart some of the other responses one could easily say the same about someone else if they got there feathers ruffled about how someone might ahve mis interpretted there post etc..

I do think tho if anyhone really is tired of sleepie and her threads it would be better if they just didnt respond I think it can make matters worse.

Also i mean many of us here have known sleepie for a long while now we know how sensitive she is and what shes been up against its no secret etc..
Old 07-09-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
I thnk people are obviously trying to help. But I think the choice of words perhaps gives one the impression that they are tired of it.

I read some of the responses and it sounds like some are just really tired of sleepie and he threads. Maybe they are not but how things are written sometimes I think wow did they jsut say that like I think they said it?

People have tried to be supportive, but then she just beats herself up more. The thread then devolves into more self-pity and how her life sucks and how she's screwed because of her past, her disorders, new disorders, etc., which I don't think is helpful either.

If a tough love approach is used, then it's everyone is being mean to her.

There is seriously no winning either way.

One of the aspects I get concerned about, is how she's saying how sobriety is always so terrible for her even at 6 months. I think a large chunk of it is her mindset, but it seems to be a consistent theme of her threads. What if a newcomer or someone thinking about getting sober or is struggling sees this? This may discourage someone trying to get sober or from getting through a tough time in early sobriety. I think all of us here have a certain responsibility as to what we're posting. If you want to vent, go ahead, but do so in a blog. I think there needs to be some mindfulness as to what is posted since it could impact others.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Let's all keep in mind that we are in the alcoholism forum. Our main goal is to help each other attain and maintain our sobriety. And we are all different...each of us have different needs and respond differently to all manners of support.

Using the ignore feature is certainly an option for those who choose not to read posts by a particular user, and that goes both ways. Those asking for support cannot specify what kind of responses they will get, and they can choose to ignore what they do not like.

This particular thread has moved into speculation of the OPs motives and thougts, which we cannot know of course. Therefore it has been closed.