Notices

Feeling Hopeless

Old 07-02-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Hopeless

It seems my life is one major catastrophe after another.
I really feel at this point going to any length to get sober and have a good life. Get tunnel vision and eat, speak read nothing but sobriety.

I been doing this far too long.

I had an incident a week ago where I had to call the police on someone in my neighborhood for stalking which my life is much more limited now as I live in a very small town and its very easy to run into the same person everyday. I fear a restraining order won't work.
I get my exercise through walking and now I feel limited bc I have to rely on rides to the store to run errands.
My apartment sucks and I live amongst chronic inebriates.
I need to move as soon as possible and my only option is sober housing which requires to go there immediately from a treatment center or after thirty days of continuous sobriety on your own. So I need to be in a strict program on my own or go to treatment.
In a way this incident has really opened up my eyes to the insanity and dysfunction of my life.

I really wanted to come back here with a success story and I'm sorry to say I haven't got one, Yet.
I really hope to be posting one soon.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back soberella, sorry to hear of all the issues you are dealing with. Perhaps the sober house would acually be a blessing in disguise? None of your other problems will get better until you stop drinking, maybe this is a sign that you need to go "all in" as you suggest?

Last edited by ScottFromWI; 07-02-2016 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, I agree this is definitely a sign.

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Welcome back soberella, sorry to hear of all the issues you are dealing with. Perhaps the sober house would acually be a blessing in disguise? None of your other problems will get better until you stop drinking, maybe this is a sign that you news to go "all in" as you suggest?
Old 07-02-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I think Scott is right that would be a good next move

Glad your with us x
Old 07-02-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks soberwolf!
Old 07-02-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, a good move and a safer place for you. I've been in your situation. Do whatever you can to be safe, let others know so you have a good support system. It's not good to go through this alone. My best
Old 07-02-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you, oldsoul!

Originally Posted by oldsoul112249 View Post
Yes, a good move and a safer place for you. I've been in your situation. Do whatever you can to be safe, let others know so you have a good support system. It's not good to go through this alone. My best
Old 07-02-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Feeling much better already. I'm terribly hungover, can barely get out of bed but I'm going to get up and out to buy some nourishing food some detox tea and get the holiday weekend off to a good start.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It sounds like getting another living situation is a good priority. Good luck getting into a better situation. Do whatever it takes to get sober.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for what you've been going through - but it's great you're back

D
Old 07-02-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Soberella. I agree with the others: do whatever you have to do to get and stay sober. And you don't have to have a "success story" to post here.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. It's really good to be back. SR is pretty special. I feel ten times better than when I first logged on this morning