Notices

Hi all :) New and have quick ?

Old 06-21-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all :) New and have quick ?

Hi everyone. Just signed up and I'm 2 days sober. After being so violently ill i thought i was going to die, I've been scared straight. The last 8 months I've been drinking a fifth a night. After i detoxed myself by weaning slowly i feel good today. But, my biggest issue is the severe stomach bloating. Did anyone else experience as bad as i am? If so,any advice as to help it? I look 6 months preggo. :/ thanks all. Hope to talk to yous soon
Elle

Last edited by ElleSki; 06-21-2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: forgot info
Old 06-21-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was pretty bloated after my last bender, but it went away after several days of not drinking, if I remember correctly. Only thing I can say is see a doctor if it persists too much longer....
Old 06-21-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Elle

Not so much bloating but I did end up pretty ill the last time.
The good news is there's comparatively little that can't be put right with a little time and sobriety

D
Old 06-21-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Please check with Dr. Could be liver issue.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Get to the docs and have them check you over. Better safe than sorry, and besides, they might be able to point you in the direction of local recovery resources you didn't know about while your there.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I did gain a lot of belly fat too the past 8 months. I drank my drinks with Coke so it was like 3 2liters a day. Was too drunk to notice tho. Im at day 2 and feel good. Just that discomfort. Thanks for the reply 😀
Old 06-22-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on taking the first step. Like Dee use to always ask me, Do you have a plan (how will you stay sober)?

I was so bloated it was ridiculous. Now I look at myself in the mirror at only 19 days sober and I get a little freaked out in a good way. I look so different. Hang in there, you won't regret it.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zaec View Post
Congratulations on taking the first step. Like Dee use to always ask me, Do you have a plan (how will you stay sober)?

I was so bloated it was ridiculous. Now I look at myself in the mirror at only 19 days sober and I get a little freaked out in a good way. I look so different. Hang in there, you won't regret it.
Thank you! Well, I got rid of the toxic BF that was in my life and enabling me. Even when he would watch me get sick. I brought my family into my recovery for support. And I think mostly, I have no desire to drink. Not any. And, although i'm sorry you were bloated too, i'm glad it's not just me. It is sooo uncomfortable.

Last edited by ElleSki; 06-22-2016 at 04:51 AM. Reason: wrong word