Notices

My reward for 6 months of abstinence

Old 06-21-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
zjw

congrats!!. the good news is I dont think it will be too much longer and I think you'll see its getting better. I was still in a good funk myself at 6 months! I think you'll slowly start to snap out of it soon. Your maken some good steps with the walking wall pushups etc.. just keep moving forward is all.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Many people have congratulated you on your sober milestones all along these 6 months Sleepie, every step of the way. To suggest that no one has done so is frankly quite a slap in the face to the community here, regardless of whether you think so or not. You receive more support and responses to your threads than just about anyone here in this forum and have for years. Please be a little more respectful of that fact.
thank you, scott.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
And today is my official 6 month date.

Not that anyone said.
I might wrong but I think the intention of sleepies comment is she maybe had hoped someone else would notice.

I know my wife for example may loose 10lbs and tends to be very upset if people dont notice her hard work etc...

Now being a man I'm not going to try and explain this and dig my grave. But i do know women tend to like it when people take notice of there achievements without them having to point it out to others.

I'm not saying I understand this agree with it if its right or wrong I dunno. But I think its a women thing guys. and us men might not ever understand this.

feel free to flame me sleepie if i'm way out of line *gulp*
Old 06-21-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Alas, poor zjw. I knew him well.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

zjw that is all I was trying to say. You are correct.

now you know I'd never flame you
Old 06-21-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
zjw

thanks sleepie yeah I find myself ins ituations like this all the time with my wife. New hair style and I dont notice it or something. You'd think after all these years of marriage i'd have it figured out? nope lol. its always AFTER my wife is upset at me that i realize oh gee yeah but she typically has to smack me upside the head with it lol
Old 06-21-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Loa

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I was also introduced to that kind of reality as a young child. Fortunately, years ago, I learned about the Law of Attraction. Positive thinking can create life-changing results. What you put out there is what you will get back.
Anna, agree 1000 %. Though it's very hard to go straight to positive thinking when one is so far in the dumps. Sleeps, I think listening to some of Abraham hicks on you tube might be of help. I certainly don't want to dismiss your feelings or aggravate you further, just think there is so much hope for you, and you CAN tap into it. Look how far you've come! Rockstar status.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Zjw may I suggest giving her random but genuine compliments... like something you like that is specific to her, she will feel special. Yesterday bf said he likes when I am sleeping and look peaceful, I think he likes that I am quiet lol also disagree, I think I look like a hobo when I sleep but it was still sweet.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks Yellow and you guys I started a new thread about my sixer.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
zjw

Zjw may I suggest giving her random but genuine compliments... like something you like that is specific to her, she will feel special. Yesterday bf said he likes when I am sleeping and look peaceful, I think he likes that I am quiet lol also disagree, I think I look like a hobo when I sleep but it was still sweet.
yeah i'm downright awful at dishing out compliments to her. over the years when i did she would accuse me of having an agenda so i just gave up. probably not the right appraoch huh *sigh*
Old 06-21-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Huh pm me?

I want to discuss. But only if you do!
Old 06-21-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

sleepie, how does this sound to you:
my reward for 9 years of abstinence: got hassled at work and bullied. weird tingling in my arms - turned out i needed a laminectomy because i had developed bone spurs and the spinal column had narrowed so much it was pressing on my nerves and there wasn't much room left. a couple of years later i developed elevated blood pressure, though i do "everything right" diet wise, exercise wise, don't drink don't smoke. need pills for that daily. what else? oh yeah, my heart some troubles there. arrhythmias, tachycardia, getting an Insertable Loop Recorder next week which will go under my skin and is the size of a USB stick. never ever sleep well.
lets see....those are the majors.

does it make sense to you to link this to quitting drinking?
no??
didn't think so.

no causality, not even correlation.
just life, happening.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

And today is my official 6 month date.

Not that anyone said.
Hi sleepie

I'm sorry I missed the point of this thread. It was posted yesterday and I thought your emphasis was on your diabetes....frankly the 6 month celebration got lost for me in all the other stuff. I'm not diabetic so I don't have any experience to share. And I don't know what to say to you that could possibly shine any hope on your misery. I'm sorry for this

I did however see your thread today, which is your 6 month mark right? That was clear to me, you seemed optimistic and I was glad for you. Guess I'm a bit slow

I can share that it's taken me a long time to learn that sometimes I need to ask very clearly for what I need. Not assume that someone will figure it out. Anyway, again, congrats on 6 months.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:50 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22kHZ-erpg