Notices

It's one huge party in my area right now.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's one huge party in my area right now.

Most of you know where I live. I want to keep somewhat anonymous but let me just say this whole entire area is one big party due to hockey.

I tried to sleep in till noon. Then, I went for a run. I turned off the TV which is showing everyone drunk and partying. I got off social media where it's all trending. I even deleted my news stations. My neighbors are now outside celebrating.

Does no one work today? My hours were just cut so I am off. I am literally sitting on my hands to avoid the partying on my block. My phone is going off next. I have never seen so many people partying in the middle of the day. This city really does revolve around alcohol. Is this making national news in the US?

Thanks for letting me rant.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

i'd give off the vibe of unapproachable a$$hole so that people would just leave me alone if i was in that setting. it would be clear by my body language and such that i dont care about hockey or partying adn to leave me the frick alone.

I know that can seem kinda jerkish. but i can see how that would agitate you it would probably agitate me too and i'd quietly let be known people woul dhave that "whats wrong with him?" kinda tude going.

but i'd do it just to protect myself from further furstration and agitating by having to avoid dialogs like did you see the game or would you like a beer etc.. like leave me alone. thats all i ask lol.

hang in there i can understand the frustration.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks. I won't go back outside because my neighbor asks me if I want a beer every time I go out there. My other neighbor asks me if I want some wine. I'm hiding indoors for the rest of this "celebration".
Old 06-15-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Looks like the home town team won the cup. The party should die down by mid summer sometime.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You guys still have the US Opean this weekend at Oakmont.. Golf is always a drunk fest too!
Old 06-15-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Absolutely. 400,000 people downtown today and the city streets shut down with drunks at 11am this morning. I love the "friends" who sent me pictures of what I was "missing". I don't know why it makes me so mad. I have explained to them over and over I have a serious problem and do not want to drink anymore. I start outpatient rehab next week. Again. Seems as if I have surrounded myself with nothing but toxic people (and neighbors).
Old 06-15-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

HI BBB

I applaud your determination and maneuvers to avoid drinking. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Reach out often. We all have the same goal.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there, easier said than done! Give it 500% on your out patient class!! You're doing the right thing!! Best wishes to you!!
Old 06-15-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I lived in Chicago during the Blackhawks championships. I stayed away, ignored the news and facebook, and just went about my daily business. Sure, there are gonna be guys bellowing and girls screeching, but it's just one day. Tomorrow things will calm down and life will begin again, don't worry.

You're not missing anything. Stay the course and enjoy a movie on your own, behind your own doors.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Let us know how you fare BBB
Old 06-15-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Go to an AA meeting . They may be celebrating but they won't be drinking
Old 06-16-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How are you doing BBB?
Old 06-16-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

I can't imagine. I am a huge fan. I'm glad however that I am not there. You are doing great to stay inside, and stay away! Watch Netflix.. distract yourself !
Old 06-16-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I worked a 12 hour day. Just got home. Yesterday was one of the toughest sober days of my life. I was lucky to be at work today and away from it all because it's still going on. I am just so angry at the world. There is a neighbor kid outside bouncing a ball against the house and I am close to ripping his head off (verbally). I never used to be this angry. If I had my choice I would live in the middle of nowhere far away from everyone. That partying lasted all night so I am on zero sleep. Sorry if I don't reply. I have another shift tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You did it, BBB. Get some well earned rest and maybe do a small pleasant thing for yourself, some tea or light reading before bed or fave tv show but let it be for you.