Notices

Rock Bottom

Old 06-13-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rock Bottom

Well, ive finally come to terms that I cant do this on my own. I was 3 days sober and went on a 3 day bender over the weekend. Im withdrawing pretty bad right now. I finally called my fiancé and hes on his way home from work right now to take me to the ER to do a safe detox. Im scared, anxious, ashamed. He had no idea how much I really drink, and I am so embarrassed to have to admit it to him. Its time to get a grip on this. Ive done so much damage to my body over the last couple of years from alcohol, I don't know if its ever going to fix itself. Day 1 today, and now I know im not alone, and I don't have to do this by myself.
Stay sober, my friends.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No reason to feel ashamed that you are taking care of yourself. Stay true to you and your health. Your body can heal. Be kind to yourself today.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck at a ER they will be able to give you a safe detox..I hope to see you back here soon...take care
Old 06-13-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are definitely not alone. I was in the same boat back in September. I had drank so much that I passed out in my boyfriend's truck and he had to rush me to the ER. He had no idea that I had even been drinking. I had hid it from him our entire relationship. Just know that they will take good care of you at the ER and this can be the start truly starting to take care of yourself. My thoughts are with you
Old 06-13-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Best of luck, i'm happy that you've decided to get help. I ended up at the ER during a self-detox once too, one of my co workers had to take me to the hospital because I thought I was having a heart attack. They will take good care of you, listen to what they have to say for what you can do when you get out and you'll never have to go through this again.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great idea going to the ER. Let us know how it goes.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you are going to the ER, sending lots of thoughts for a safe detox. Hopefully they will be able to direct you to rehabs for after as well.

Check in when you get a chance and let us know how you are doing!
Old 06-13-2016, 08:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are brave, and you CAN get better. Your body has a chance to heal if you stop drinking.

Hope you are getting this immediate help you need- I know from experience how scary and awful it can be so prayers for you in these days. Hope to see you here soon.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Never be ashamed to ask for help!! Go get the help you need and quit drinking!! Wishing you the best!
Old 06-14-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How are you doing? I hope you are sleeping or just resting as best you can, getting meds and other things they can give you, so you can't get back to us yet - but will when you can.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all, as always, for the support and kind words. My fiancé took me to the ER, unfortunately, that particular ER didn't do detoxing (we are new to the state and wasn't sure where to go, initially). But the doc did do some labwork, im pretty much deficient in all aspects of vitamins. And even though the pain in liver area is there, he is confident (from the labwork) that it is from my recent bender and should go down with lots of rest and water over the next couple of days. He also prescribed Librium to help with symptoms of withdraw and it has helped tremendously with anxiety. He gave me plenty of resources to follow up, AA information, outpatient, inpatient..etc. He was very compassionate and helpful. Unfortunately, I still have to work today, but luckily I work from home and can take periods of rest as needed. I struggle with inpatient options because we are 800 miles away from both of our families, its literally just the three of us here, but luckily my son will be going to spend the summer with my folks in a couple of days, so it may just be an option after all. Fiance and I are discussing in length what avenue to take, I am so grateful for his support. And yours as well. <3<3

Day 2, and I never want to feel this way EVER EVER again!!!
Old 06-14-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zjw

sounds good hang in there. it does actually get better.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

"Day 2, and I never want to feel this way EVER EVER again!!!"

And the beauty of that statement is that you don't have to. You can make it your last time. Wishing you the best.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi GM,
I'm glad you got help and are feeling better. If you cannot attend an inpatient rehab, please consider an outpatient. I have been attending an IOP (intensive outpatient) for a year now. It started out with 4 night a week (3 hrs) for a couple wks. Then it was tapered to 1 night a week ( continuing care). Most IOP's accept insurance and have convenient hours. I love the group I meet with once a week, we really help each other out. You can probably Google IOP's in your area. Best Wishes
Old 06-14-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Glad to have all the newcomers on this thread.

I don't want to see any of us on here have to have any more consequences of alcoholism, detox, lost relationships and jobs, etc.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

What Scott said