Notices

Sleepie's Summer Support Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 08:29 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Today I actually almost cried from the weather, it is just relentless and I truly felt like how people say they do by February- like "My god it is never going to end". Breathing hot air, being exhausted and hot and never sleeping well... For months. No, not enjoyable.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Sleepie -- maybe you need to rethink the AC. Sounds relentless.

Soberwolf -- just got back from a week thearte orgy in London. See jesus christ superstar before it closes in Regents Park and Yerma at the Young Vic. Both are fabulous, truly, and I saw everything on the A list.

Just saying.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Don't know if any of you have seen the news coverage, but we had some rioting here in Milwaukee this past Saturday night. A young black man was shot and killed by the police. Hopefully this stupid cycle of violence and rioting will come to an end sooner than later. The warm temps only help to get people riled up on both sides of the fence.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

I did hear of that FBL
Old 08-15-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Hi all we live on 32nd and Juneau ave that is about 6 blocks from the two men shooting each other to death at 2:30 Sat Morning.. started with them fighting over money on a drug deal out side our home at 1am... we have become very light sleepers and have 4 camera's on the outside of the house... what a mess.. its not the Officers that we have to get to stop shooting its the thugs that run the streets all night and then run the day with weapons and their warrants for arrest on them... 35 and Burleigh St is 10 blocks to the north of us....
Old 08-15-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

My old neighborhood had shootings daily. Not joking, it was like a war zone. A SWAT team even came in once, helicopters... The whole thing. A few weeks ago we had a cop car chase through the whole city as well with a car being run off the road and into someone's garden apartment. And I literally had blood at my door step at my last place from a kid who got shot, a big pool of it had stained the sidewalk.

I have seen people shot at and was so numb to it by then I didn't even run like everyone else.

I'm glad to be gone from that place and I know it contributed to my anxiety a lot , but I never talk about us because nobody wants to hear it but living in a place where you hear shots day and night does affect a person.

Oh, I also was roughed up on the street by three men there.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:24 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Actually... Back when I was evaluated I never mentioned any of this and the Dr was saying I have symptoms of PTSD . I had completely buried all of that. I am so used to just burying things or not talking about them because other people don't want to hear it IRL for instance when I lost my job ( no notice, no reason), health insurance, home and eventually became so depressed I attempted to end things- my friends all stopped associating with me. I think that affected me deeply but what I learned from that was not to be depressing or people will dump you. So, now I just don't trust anybody.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad you enjoyed Dropsie was top hat still at the west end ? that was a excellent show

Hope so too FBL

Hi Sleepie xx
Old 08-15-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Hi SW how are you today?
Old 08-15-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Actually... Back when I was evaluated I never mentioned any of this and the Dr was saying I have symptoms of PTSD . I had completely buried all of that. I am so used to just burying things or not talking about them because other people don't want to hear it IRL for instance when I lost my job ( no notice, no reason), health insurance, home and eventually became so depressed I attempted to end things- my friends all stopped associating with me. I think that affected me deeply but what I learned from that was not to be depressing or people will dump you. So, now I just don't trust anybody.

I hate having to fake it so i dont loose someones listening ear. I think i know the feeling. sometimes i'll purposely throw out tidbits of of positive attitude when talking to others that i barely mean just so i dont seem like a total downer when really I just want to vent and get it out.

But yeah i know going through a tough time feel miserable all the sudden people are scarce man do i know that! then i feel like i gotta fake it not be true to myself and others just so i can keep some people around to talk too so i can start to feel better

On a side note i was off and on sick past few days. I finally got to wondering is it the heat? I was in the store the other day and had to go out sit int he car with some water and left my wife and family insaide why? i felt like i might pass out barf or something and then i started to panic about which its gonna be?

so then yest i ran on the treadmill kicked the AC down even lower for it had a fine day.

Then today I ran a short run outside in the heat got done nausea is back again!

so now i gotta wonder maybe this heats getting me a little bit even! gonna try and be more careful.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Just look up the signs of heat exhaustion zjw and watch out for them. An ounce of prevention and all.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

hi all.. well in June I passed out from the wind the great day and heat.. had never done that before.. woke up in ER Doc Kelly Ardith Ann what did you do.. and all I remember is saying has the airplane landed yet.... have been careful of the heat and to much of everything.. but Doc Kelly said do this 24 to 36 hours before you are going to be out at Summer Fest or State fair.. do 4 oz of Tonic Water with your favorite juice or soda... it has Quinen in it.. do it 1 day out of 3.. making me sweat better when Iam outside for long periods of time.. so maybe just maybe... the heat has made me just crazy.. I want snow.. and temps below 30 below... seems like that stops most of the crazy stuff that is happening around my Wisconsin and My Milwaukee.. love to you all and prayers for a better tomorrow.. ardy
Old 08-15-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Yes, everything is quieter, calmer in the colder months. I can't wait for scarves and pretty grey skies, so calming.

Ardy I've not heard of consuming quinine in tonic water, it's interesting. Did you drink it before you passed out , I know you had mentioned it before.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Yes, everything is quieter, calmer in the colder months. I can't wait for scarves and pretty grey skies, so calming.

Ardy I've not heard of consuming quinine in tonic water, it's interesting. Did you drink it before you passed out , I know you had mentioned it before.
yeah i love my garden i enjoy cutting the grass. I like not freezing my butt off.

but i'm ready for the next season already. i need cooler weather myself i wanna see the leaves change and watch the snow flurries and not have to worry about the yard.

I like that last set of chores i do in the fall as i batton down the hatches for winter and dont have to deal with all anymore.

of course tail end of winter i'm going stir crazy and cant wait for this nonsense again either lol.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Stay safe Ardy. Sounds terrible. John
Old 08-15-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I am so ready for regular fresh air and the smell of leaves... Not humid stuffy hot air and not AC. And ready for quality sleep!
Old 08-15-2016, 10:31 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hope you two stay safe, Ardy and FBL. I'm really sad about the crazy stuff going on in your city...

Hey Sleeps, one more month. Hang tough! It is amazing how much better I can handle the heat now that I'm not drinking. That whole time I thought I just ran hot, but it was the booze that was making me a furnace. Who knew? Still, I live in New England and there is nothing better than Fall in New England, so here I come, Fall!

D.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:42 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hey Delf i was just thinking of you earlier
Old 08-15-2016, 11:27 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Something to help cool you down. A pic of my beautiful hometown:

Old 08-15-2016, 11:28 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

I wanna go to there...!