Notices

Former benzo users who drank

Old 07-04-2016, 12:04 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I do have to say I feel a lot better in general, mostly because I'm not nursing a constant hangover, but I'm definitely having a hard time with motivation. I've also gotten frustrated with not losing any weight. I've found that right now, I'm just going to work on improving small things in my life, wherever I can, that don't really involve a ton of motivation. I'm going easy on myself, as you should with yourself. We're all working really hard on this whole sobriety thing, and I think we should all give ourselves more credit where credit is due!
Old 07-04-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sdi9285 View Post
I do have to say I feel a lot better in general, mostly because I'm not nursing a constant hangover, but I'm definitely having a hard time with motivation. I've also gotten frustrated with not losing any weight. I've found that right now, I'm just going to work on improving small things in my life, wherever I can, that don't really involve a ton of motivation. I'm going easy on myself, as you should with yourself. We're all working really hard on this whole sobriety thing, and I think we should all give ourselves more credit where credit is due!
yep that was my thinking was i'm gonna just pick some simple stuff that i think i can tackle then i'll feel some sense of reward and accomplishment when i do and this will make me feel good. Sure most for me was nto very big victories but i'd take whatever i could get.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Ok I am not going to lie this just really kicked up my anxiety because I am always, always sure I will pay for this later no matter that I quit.
i think this fear might ease in time. I knwo for me with how much i smoked and drank even after i quit i often thought why? whats the point i'm gonna die from all this anyhow. I figured if i got diagnosed with lung cancer or soemthing i'd promptly go buy a carton of cigarettes etc..

now its been 4.5 years since i quit cigarettes and 5 years since i quit booze. I'm not nearly as scared of dieing from it now as i was then. That being said I have a family member who had been smoke free for many decades recently get diagnosed with lung cancer.

so what do i think now? I think welp all i can do is keep doing what i'm doing and just hope for the best. Despite my past i'm doing pretty well i mean i smoked over 2 packs a day and could hardly breathe now i run like crazy.

I dont stress about it as much anymore. But yua know I think if i got diagnosed with lung cancer i'd still consider getting a carton of cigarettes.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Ok I am not going to lie this just really kicked up my anxiety because I am always, always sure I will pay for this later no matter that I quit.
Anxiety is an extremely bad forecaster of the future. 99.99999 percent of the time it is wrong. If it ever were I would have certainly died of a heart attack, brain tumor, some form of cancer or a horrific seizure as I was nearly certain to have at any moment. But in the end it's just the cycle of our minds thinking irrational thoughts and feeding the cycle with adrenaline.