Notices

I think i finally pushed too far : (

Old 06-21-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

got it open an starting it now. Thanks!
Old 06-21-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dahalk View Post
I let it become a problem again : ( I snuck a few shots while cooking dinner and became a bumbling idiot and couldnt even finish cooking. Wife told me to go upstairs away from her. I laid on the bed and she came in the room like 3 times and yelled and asked questions. She said she would have left me 6 months ago if she had options.

So at this point i do agree that it is a much worse problem than i originally thought. Besides the obvious *putting the drinks down*.. where would be a good starting place? All i know is that i do not want any kind of "faith based/religion" stuff.

Thanks
You can do this! I know how you feel. I feel like pushed it too far this last time. Actions speak louder than words. Take it day by day.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Made it to page 120 so far of the handbook. I was never a religious type and always shunned the idea. Now that i am reading this I am being forced to do a lot of soul searching. I think i do need a higher power in my life...
Old 06-21-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I would suggest you find these two things: reasons enough to quit, besides what someone else thinks of it (drinking). And, strategies to avoid picking up again (see above suggestions)

Although my wife States she likes me better sober and I believe her, there's just no way I was going to stick with my quit without my own personal reasons. To give up a drug that is ever-present and used by so many is truly a lifestyle change.

I look back at my spouse's upset with my drinking as one of MANY things that sobriety improves for me.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My reasons. Not wanting to die from it.. and not ending up with no family.

Went to my first AA meeting last night and i thought it was absolutely wonderful.

I got home and my wife was even more ticked at me. Is it because i am seeking help elsewhere besides her? And she sees it almost like cheating?
Old 06-22-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Glad the meeting went well. My partner wasn't keen on the AA thing at first. Was very suspicious of the whole set up. Now he's seen the difference it makes to my sobriety and how bearable I am he's accepted it as what I do. Needed time though.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

How often did you go? The one i went to is only about 5 miles from the house and they have about 8 meetings a day. Planning on maybe going on my lunch break
Old 06-22-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Depends on my schedule but three to five times a week .