Notices

Friday night is now officially in the books

Old 09-24-2004, 11:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday night is now officially in the books

12:50 we are now into sat-day. I went down passed Coors field into lodo tonight. Air was just right, streets live just like honolulu. I turned down my friends offer for vodka and took a trip to the liquor store with him.
I was tempted but somehow left him to go bar hopping and zipped home to my house in the boulder countryside where my girls were asleep just around 10:00pm. Still cant sleep but at least I am not pouring the rot-gut poison into my body

The good thing was I met the entrepreneaur who I did my 2nd side consulting gig with this summer. He still owes me. When I get his money it will total 11k which is not bad for a drunk gainfully employed full time elsewhere. But to really move forward I need the booze out of my professional life too. Some weekends I will get no sleep in order make the bank. Cant do that partying.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello GS,

Fantastic. Keep taking it a day a time. Your strong focus on the positives in your life will give you strength. Keep it up.

take care H
Old 09-25-2004, 02:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Weekends are tough. Both my neighbours on either side are great partiers and although I enjoy hearing the singing and the laughter, I also will tend to feel alittle sorry for myself. I find I cannot be even around the stuff right now. It makes me feel restless and discontent and I think I am missing something. Suffering with depression prevents me at this time from experiencing a sobriety that feels real good but I know as I get better I will be glad to have my sobriety. I cling to my HP and hope for better times.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY G/S
TAKES SOME DOING AT TIMES.
I DON'T KNOW IF I COULD HANDLE GOING INTO A BAR OR LIQUIOR STORE.
MAYBE AFTER 50 YEARS OF SOBRIETY,THEN I WOULD BE 93.
I WOULDN'T HAVE THE STRENGHTH TO GET THERE THEN

NICE THAT YOU WENT HOME SOBER.
I'M REAL SURE THOSE GIRLS HAD SOME SWEET DREAMS!!!
GOOD FOR YOU G/S.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS..............ted
Old 09-25-2004, 09:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by junem
It makes me feel restless and discontent and I think I am missing something.
I did not drink for over a year in high school because of the martial arts school I was in. That was a total sober high. Very high. I get that now from mountain biking or working out with weights or downhill skiing and you can too. If you decide to treat your body the way an athlete does then thats what lifts you up when you stand next to them and they are into drinking shape you are into healthy feeling good shape. You can still have fun but stay clear until your sure.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouraging words everybody, looks like I will cruise to a one week victory here in 1 hour 15 minutes. Wow after one week of being sick and little sleep, although lifting daily - I can already see my body bouncing back - thats encouraging too.

Oh yeah I walked into my local liquor store friday after work just to chat with the bodybuilding clerk and he asked where I had been and I said I'm done and back into working out, just stopped in to say 'Hi'.

They used to keep the 8.0 24oz in a barrel on ice on account of being a regular customer.

Bye bye rotgut! Bleah! I had a great daddy-daugther day today for HomeDepot/ice cream and played friends across town, boston and san diego in online Q3. Great day today and I'm still going - instead of out of it, how boring that was.