Notices

****** Day

Old 05-10-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

****** Day

Had a **** **** ****** day. Not wanted to pick up. Ex husband says thats an acheivement. Yet the things ive got wound up about are things Normal People cope with day to day without making a drama of it. Basically i need photo ID for a job i have been offered after a year of being off work and low and behold i cant even be responsible enough to have any. Dont drive, and misplaced my passport whilst pissed last year meaning a hold up. Pissed off at myself. Only just managed to get teeth sorted and eyes tested for the first time in 9 years...and you all know the rest, a day indulging myself in how **** i am.

Last edited by zo0378; 05-10-2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 05-10-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I make drama of my "normal" days all the time. As long as we don't lie down and wallow in booze, drugs, or apathy...we're ok.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

its hard in time these regular things dnot hook us as much or well you learn to throw your hands in the air and go oh well.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Zo

I'm sorry you had a bad day.
I hope you find your passport

D
Old 05-10-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It takes some time to sort out all the things that we neglected while drinking. In my case, being a responsible adult made me really frustrated, and sometimes still does, (like when having to deal with an insurance company!)
But I am grateful that I can keep things tidy, pay my bills, go to the dentist, and all of that, because I have some friends that are no longer living, and I could just as well have been one of them.
Just do the next thing on your list, and try not to be overwhelmed with all the things. Its just gonna take time to sort things out.
Not wanting to drink over it is huge.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies. Just needed to share with people who get or have had the overwhelming feeling that even the small tasks can seem massive sometimes. Sharing this stuff with some of my friend and family would give them cause to think im gonna relapse and i wasnt but would look like im being a right drama queen
Old 05-11-2016, 12:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have found personally I have good days and not so good, in early recovery and sometimes even today I do not handle frustrations that come up as I would normally do, I chalk it up as part of the journey, thanks for sharing!!

Andrew
Old 05-11-2016, 12:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know. Ive woken up today and yeah it it was trivial. Im lucky to have a good solid friendship with my ex husband. Yes he did kick me out for the sake of our son and divorced me. Trust me he had given me chances but i didnt take him seriously and i guess he needed to show me his bounderies. Now i realise it was the best decision he could have made, he knew i had to get sober for myself. I now have been trusted to have joint custody with my son and he is still supportive of my recovery.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zo0378 View Post

Basically i need photo ID for a job i have been offered after a year of being off work
I have found that staying grateful for these things works for the best.
Not only for me but, also for all of those around me.
MB
Old 05-11-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear that today is starting out better zo! Sharing our concerns/letting it out is important.