SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Feeling sparkley (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/390577-feeling-sparkley.html)

sammysmith 05-01-2016 12:44 PM

Feeling sparkley

Hi everyone. Now coming to the end of sober day 4. So far so good:

Slurred speech- gone
Upset stomach- gone
Slight shakes- gone
Concentration- coming back every day
Self respect- returning
Fatigue- still a feature, but not as bad!!

It's very tempting to go back. Cravings are just that, temptation. But the new mantra is "did I like myself when I drank? Did I feel good after I drank? The answer to both questions are no. So I will stay sober today."

FBL 05-01-2016 01:32 PM

Wow! That's a pretty impressive list for just 4 days sober. I guarantee that the longer you stay sober, the better you'll feel. I can't wait to see your list after 4 weeks, 4 months, etc!

Soberwolf 05-01-2016 01:52 PM

:hug: you are amazing Sammy x

Hevyn 05-01-2016 02:26 PM

Great to see you so positive on Day 4, Sammy. :)

OldTomato 05-01-2016 02:30 PM

That's great to hear Sammy, congrats on 4 days. :grouphug:

Mountainmanbob 05-01-2016 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by sammysmith (Post 5932888)

Slurred speech- gone
Upset stomach- gone
Slight shakes- gone
Concentration- coming back every day
Self respect- returning

Careful and stay grateful to be sober today.
The pink cloud in early sobriety can be a killer.

Mountainmanbob

sammysmith 05-01-2016 02:37 PM

Thanks guys!! I just watched that Louis Theroux "Drinking to Oblivion". The one younger guy was 32 like me. He had it all and he clearly had lost it. Poor man. Well his life has been a warning. I have warned my friends that when they come to London and if we go to the pub, for me it will be a lime and soda. Hopefully though we can just go to a restaurant or something and have a few non alcoholic drinks, as I don't want to be around pubs especially. Plus restaurants mean one thing...the excuse to have ice cream ;)

sammysmith 05-01-2016 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob (Post 5933185)
Careful and stay grateful to be sober today.
The pink cloud in early sobriety can be a killer.

Mountainmanbob

I hear you Mountain, which is why I am taking each day as a sober day and just getting through the day with no alcohol. Sooner or later it will become part of the norm not to drink. I want to try and avoid pubs with friends. If I must go in one I'll ask to be sat in the restaurant part with other people and will make sure I only go in with other people. If I wish to drink alone it is strictly Costa and Starbucks...

least 05-01-2016 02:42 PM

The longer you stay sober, the better it gets. :)

waynetheking 05-01-2016 04:40 PM

Sammy you're AWESOME. ..one day at a time man. Trust me, it works!

Dime 05-01-2016 06:32 PM

You already know it only gets worse if you continue to drink. Guaranteed! But the good news as least pointed it is it only gets better when you stay sober. :)