Notices

Rough Week

Old 04-30-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough Week

This was a really rough week for me. Started a new job and every day I would drive past the liquor store on the way home and think of picking up a bottle of whisky and a 12 pack of beer. Thankfully I didn't.
Friday was especially difficult as things happen in threes. I had a tift with my girlfriend which itself wasn't even that bad, but it the monster on my shoulder telling me to go grab a few pints. Then I got a text that a close friends mother passed away around noon, and then a few hours later my mother called me crying (she doesn't know I'm in the program) to tell me that their family cat died.

That being said, today is my 30th day sober, and I'm going to go for a walk and light up a Cohiba and just enjoy the weather and my sobriety.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The fact that you are able to stay sober while facing some of these issues is a sign of strength and that is what is required to stay sober.

I have a question, why would you want to get drunk at night when you are at a new job? Aren't you worried about smelling like booze or not being mentally acute at your new job?
Old 04-30-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the buying the booze is on the drive home from work, not on the way to work. One of the great/awful things about my alcoholism is that I never woke up with a hangover. But my demon wouldn't have cared either way lol.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newstart85 View Post
the buying the booze is on the drive home from work, not on the way to work. One of the great/awful things about my alcoholism is that I never woke up with a hangover. But my demon wouldn't have cared either way lol.
My AH never woke up with a hangover either. He could have gone to sleep and get a good 8 hr uninterrupted sleep, wake up feeling great which if he didn't have things to do like work could enable him to crack open a beer after his morning coffee
Old 04-30-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good on you to be strong even under tough circumstances
Old 04-30-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

eight hours? Lucky man. I'd sleep it off in 3 hahaha
Old 04-30-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober months. Keep going, it gets better.