SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Made int to my second day (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/390162-made-int-my-second-day.html)

Sobertaurus 04-25-2016 05:07 AM

Made int to my second day

It seems like just forever since I've been to a day 2 sober.

Things have gotten really bad for me...this problem has become increasingly destructive in every area of my life. Much farther and I'll be dead and/or everything will fall apart.

I'm feeling good. I've been trying to taper, which led to a binge, but I think I've tapered enough prior to just let it go, so here I am.

I'm hoping to check in and get some support for this permanent change.

Thanks all.

wildchild69 04-25-2016 05:14 AM

Day 2 for me too!!! Same here...if I push my luck any further, I will end up dead or in jail. You're not alone. I had to take the day off today to let my body finish recovering.....on my binges, I can drink an INCREDIBLE amount of alcohol....unfortunately, I never throw up, so when I stop drinking, the hangover is like DEATH. Just think of every hour being sober as another hour your body has had a chance to clean out. One day at a time.

Sobertaurus 04-25-2016 05:33 AM

Great to see you! I spent all day yesterday in bed... Perhaps stop in through the day? :You_Rock_

FBL 04-25-2016 05:41 AM

The good news is, you don't ever have to feel this way again, BUT only if you decide to stop drinking for good! The benefits of living sober are beyond my wildest expectations and you can discover them too. You can do it, but you've gotta want it.

Sobertaurus 04-25-2016 05:48 AM

I have no desire to do it ever again. Have thought through all the things in my mind and none are worth it.

ScottFromWI 04-25-2016 05:54 AM

Congrats on Day 2 Sobertaurus and Wildchild. The early days are rough but withdrawals do not last forever thankfully. Please be safe and seek help if you need it.

Soberwolf 04-25-2016 09:59 AM

Excellent job getting to day 2 bud

SeekingNewMe 04-25-2016 10:24 AM

Day 2 as well

It's my new Day 2 as well, Sobertaurus and Wildchild. I'm working but laying low. Last night was just a blur of hot and cold sweats. I'm hoping I am past the worst of it. I also can drink an unbelievable amount.
WE CAN DO THIS!!
:You_Rock_

Chewy88 04-25-2016 11:09 AM

I"m back to day 2 as well. Was on the wagon for 8 months then relapsed for 4.

Night and day from my sober 8 months until today. I was in great shape, lotsa money, in control, happy, confident. Now I'm fat, tired, bloated, insecure and nothing to show for it.

Drinking blows

Sobertaurus 04-25-2016 01:30 PM

Heading home from work. Gets to the tough spot now. My goal is to avoid the drinking location (lower level of house) and stay upstairs, away from it ALL. Maybe take the dog for a walk. Eat stuff. Read things. Maybe rent a movie. Give it a shot. I can do this....

wildchild69 04-25-2016 01:37 PM

You can do it....its hard when you have to live with it in your house..just stay away!! Remember how it will END...not the initial start...remember the ending. Is there anyway you can stay somewhere there's not alcohol? Or remove it from the house? At least for now....until you gain some strength!
I'm here for ya....hit me up anytime for some encouragement:You_Rock_

ducrider 04-25-2016 02:07 PM

Seems like a lot of us on day 2!

wildchild69 04-25-2016 02:26 PM

yeah Saturday brought a few of us down....day 2 and still hungover! Helping drill it in my head.....never ever again....

SoberCAH 04-25-2016 02:48 PM

I'm happy all 3 or 4 of you deuces are with us.

I remember waking up in the detox ward of a treatment center on day 2 for me.

Please hang around and keep contributing.

I hope that all of you have a sobriety plan or roadmap to follow.

I do, and it has been indispensable to me.

OhMyLord 04-25-2016 03:58 PM

I am 4 minutes off day 2 :grouphug: I really hope we all make it. Please keep posting . I feel much more positive reading your posts.

Gottalife 04-25-2016 04:06 PM

Day one, after my last bender, I ended at an AA meeting. Day two ummm, I ended at an AA meeting and got a sponsor. You see the pattern. I've been sober ever since.