SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   120 Days Sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/389774-120-days-sober.html)

violetflame 04-19-2016 08:32 AM

120 Days Sober

Hello All,

I just wrote a super long post and it got erased. Anway, here I go again. I haven't posted on here in a very long time. As I read back on my old posts its amazing to me the turmoil I was in. I have acheived sobriety with the help of AA and my sponsor. I actually now have no sponsor because last Saturday she got upset with me due to a misunderstanding with the time we were supposed to meet. I had gall bladder surgery and was not sleeping well and I told her I could not meet at 8 am. But she did not understand my message and then said that I stood her up and I should look for another sponsor. I know that God is going to place for me in my path the right sponsor when the time is right. I had been neglecting the gym for many months and just started going again. I have to lose 70 pounds. I am 5'0 and I am weighing 210. I have unfortunately been eating alot of sweets. I guess that is my new go to drug. So I am going to replace it now not only with AA but also with Yoga and Zumba (aerobic dance classes) My mental health is doing much better. I also am starting a new full time job on May 9 with benefits, insurance and paid vacation. I am very excited about this. I am also reading my 12 and 12 and saying my prayers every morning and attending meetings regularly. I hope everyone is doing well!!!

ScottFromWI 04-19-2016 08:36 AM

Congrats on 120 days Violet! Glad you came back to share with us. Sounds like you are making a lot of progress, best of luck in finding a new sponsor and with your exercise efforts.

2muchpain 04-19-2016 08:46 AM

It's great to hear your doing so well. Sorry about the problem you had with your sponsor, but I believe things happen for a reason, so maybe it was meant to be. It's always great to hear stories like yours where things really do get better after quitting drinking. Very inspirational for all of us, so thanks for posting.
About the eating sweets thing. I totally understand where you're coming from. I always have something sweet to eat at home. But it helps to motivate me to hit the gym so good luck with that. It's not easy at first, but after a while it becomes a habit like anything else. Take care, John

Dropsie 04-19-2016 09:25 AM

VF,

Great to hear how well you are doing.

The weight will be what it will be, but you are great.

XXX

FLCamper 04-19-2016 10:00 AM

Glad things are looking up! Congrats on it all!

least 04-19-2016 10:23 AM

Congrats on four months sober! :scoregood And also congrats on the new job! :)

doggonecarl 04-19-2016 11:18 AM

Great news. 120 days is awesome.

Dee74 04-19-2016 03:09 PM

Congratulations again VF :)

Hevyn 04-19-2016 03:13 PM

Good to see you, violetflame! Congrats on your 4 hard-earned months. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding with your sponsor, but I agree - something better is waiting. :) Exciting news about the job, too - things are looking up.

Sudz No More 04-19-2016 03:14 PM

Keep moving forward! Nice going

lyddie 04-19-2016 06:41 PM

Congratulations!

Introspectator 04-19-2016 06:59 PM

Congrats!!

Introspectator

fini 04-19-2016 07:13 PM

great to hear this, VF. congratulations.

Soberwolf 04-20-2016 02:32 AM

Congratulations Violet