SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Please pray (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/389684-please-pray.html)

Nanook 04-17-2016 08:37 PM

Please pray

I usually save my once a year visit here for my anniversary which will be 7 years June 1st but I wanted to share a few words...

There is this woman I know..

She is a very caring person always concerned about the well being of others, donating food and clothing on a constant basis to the needy,,even if someone asks that is less that desperate she's always happy to give..be it her time or just to lend a hand or ear to a plaintive cry..a soft voice of support or pep talk to a low soul..

A woman that puts her well being aside for the sake of others ..who loses sleep if her children are out of shampoo..or don't have cookies for their lunch she's made them over the past 20 some years

A women who cries watching the perils of actors on soaps or who watches sad movies alone late at night lest she gets caught sobbing over sad or even happy movie parts

A women who cherishes her pup of some 10 years even tho he trashes every toy she's bought him for birthdays and Christmases

A woman who could not disclose her being sick to her daughter as to not upset her for days until the daughters university exams have been completed..

Well last week this woman was diagnosed with breast cancer...

Yes this woman is my wife of 31 years and I ache with sadness

awuh1 04-17-2016 08:40 PM

Sent.

And will send more.

grizzlybearblue 04-17-2016 08:42 PM

I will definitely say a prayer for your wife. She sounds like a wonderful woman.

Dee74 04-17-2016 08:51 PM

My prayers and best wishes go out to you and your wife Nanook.
I understand the fear but I'm hoping for the best possible prognosis.

:hug:

D

Dharma33 04-17-2016 08:53 PM

Prayers going up :hug:

sleepie 04-17-2016 08:58 PM

Thinking of your wonderful wife and hoping for the best :hug:

fantail 04-17-2016 09:06 PM

:hug:

Soberwolf 04-17-2016 10:24 PM

Sending hope & strenght

2ndhandrose 04-18-2016 06:01 AM

:grouphug: your wife is blessed to have you in her corner :grouphug:

I will pray for her.

ScottFromWI 04-18-2016 06:12 AM

Sent...and best wishes for a favorable prognosis.

Gottalife 04-18-2016 06:12 AM

How are YOU feeling Nanook. I have been through the same thing, except my wife had a type of cancer they could do nothing about. They can do quite a lot for breast cancer patients. My sister was diagnosed 15 years ago and she is still with us.

When life throws a curve ball like this, as it will to all of us, it seems my active practice (in a modest way) of the AA program, including sponsoring a couple of guys, kept me in that recovered space where I could react sanely and normally to the situation and do pretty much what any normal husband and father would do to take care of their family.

It still amazes me that it never occurred to me to drink, though I lent heavily on my higher power for strength.

A lot is going to be asked of you in the coming days Nanook. I pray that you can find the strength as I did to play your part as a loving father and husband.

God bless.

yinzer 04-18-2016 06:40 AM

Prayers for you and her, Nanook.

least 04-18-2016 07:32 AM

Sending prayers for you both. :hug:

ardy 04-18-2016 07:42 AM

oh my Dear young man and his lovely wife of Faith and Hope and Family..
you can do this they know so much more now then in 1994 when I had mine..you both are Canadian. tough long fighters of Winters and animals and so much... be ready to let her rest the more rest after the surgery and whatever she is asked to do is the best. learn to cook. hahaha laugh a lot..
help her get around the house and out doors.. don't let her over do .. and put her favorite funny movies on long playing DVD's sleep and laughter trust this old lady clown.. and tea and just rest.. She is a winner and you are her best corner for the long fight.. Prayers .. Now Dear Father in Heaven hear our Hearts as we open them for this Great Family.. that needs you so much. hold the Lady near your right hand .. guide the Doctors to help her have a full and rich life with her family and those great kids.. Grant this Husband of Fears the Faith to hold you and Mother Nature tight to his Heart to hear the correct words on the path that they must take... so many of us ask this in the Name of the Father the Son and the Holy Ghost.. and Mother Nature please Hear our cries and help in the cause of this Dear Lady.. please a Lady in Pink...

Della1968 04-18-2016 07:48 AM

Sending healing vibes your way.

Flawed 04-18-2016 07:51 AM

Prayers for her, you and your entire family :c016:

48heath 04-18-2016 08:45 AM

Keeping you,your wife and family in my prayers Nanook.

emme99 04-18-2016 09:09 AM

Praying for you & your wife Nanook

Berrybean 04-18-2016 11:06 AM

So sad that you and your lovely wife are going through this. I'll be praying for you both, and will light a candle in Ely Cathedral for her as well.

Kelly12390 04-18-2016 02:09 PM

Prayers will be said tonight.