SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XIX: "Back in Black ...and White" (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/389576-diary-mad-cow-part-xix-back-black-white.html)

Cow 04-15-2016 08:37 PM

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XIX: "Back in Black ...and White"

1 Attachment(s)
Well, first the BLACK:
I been nonstop back on my hamster wheel of very severe depressions, stimulants, mania, drinking. Total disregard for own life, total isolation and detachment from everyone. Extreme anhedonia. Got into a bit of bi-polar alcoholic psychosis where my behavior and thinking completely irrational and delusional. Day time waking blackouts. Very creepy.

Just other day it dawn on me that I far, far sicker than I ever allow self to realize. I mean, I knew I sick, but I always able to get jobs done and “present” self as capable, and, in some way, I think I buy into my own mask. So, had that realization of: Damn dude, you seriously mentally ill. ...Crap.

That not change anything though. Then got to point where I really wanting to end life. Not think I ever gonna change and no treatment ever gonna help. Is not for lack of trying. But, not all people is fixable, you know? Sad but true. I thinking it FUBAR for me.

Couple week ago, very spiritual friend of mine (who is one I can still be total honest with) tell me that is okay with her if I want to "transition" to next phase. I tell her, I not believe in “next phase.” I believe is ashes to ashes, stardust to stardust. My atoms maybe go on to become all manner of other things, but I not believe consciousness survive death. I tell her that I not really afraid of death, is just that, well, dammit, since I here in this life against all odds, I just really want my day in the sun, you know? Just one Goddamn day. Doesn't even has to be whole 24 hour. Just little sliver of time where I feel satisfied with this whole human experience thing.

Was good talk, but it not change anything. Started to realize I becoming super incapable of tolerating mood states that was coming over me. I was at end limits of coping. Of what I could endure. The using was make me truly unhinged and dangerous. I knew one of this times was gonna be last time, and I was losing control over making that decision. In conclusion: Shht gettin’ real.

Now the WHITE:

I gonna choose to live, however heinous it may be. I gonna suck it up. And I make promise with my friend Sleepies to stop isolating, so here I is, Gumdrops. Oh, and I quit all substances effective immediately.

But wait, where is the GRAY?
Is no gray. I got no gray left. As Yoda say, “Do or do not.” I got no more tries in me. Jesus God, this gonna suck. Please bears with me if I grumpy grouchy cow.

I does hope I still has a certain turtle in my corner. Even though it maybe take him long time to even get to my corner cuz turtles move so very slow.

Okay, I think is enough verbosity for now. How is you all going?

Croutie 04-15-2016 08:46 PM

C O W!!!! I've missed you!
Xoxo
Haven't read your post yet, wanted to be the first to welcome you back!

Cow 04-15-2016 08:48 PM

It really more of a summer beach novel, than a post. ...but thanks.

sleepie 04-15-2016 09:19 PM

Hi Cow!

Dee74 04-15-2016 09:22 PM

I'm sorry you're still struggling but I'm glad you're back Cow :)

I gonna choose to live, however heinous it may be. I gonna suck it up. And I make promise with my friend Sleepies to stop isolating, so here I is, Gumdrops. Oh, and I quit all substances effective immediately.
It will most likely be a hard road, but it's the only road out of where you've been, Cow.

welcome back :)

D

Croutie 04-15-2016 09:27 PM

Oh God Cow. I knew you were in a dark place when you went quiet.
I am not always very good at expressing myself on here, but I want to convey to you that I think you are pretty damn tough to weather that sh*t storm and come out the other side.
We will be here for you.
As for that turtle, no worries...he loves you unconditionally, as he has said, so he'll be here by and by.
As for me..just dealing with financial issues and some health problems that Mr. Crout is having. I'm too old for this never ending stress. It's wearing me out.

sleepie 04-15-2016 09:27 PM

Ok look what are we going to do to get you not to revert back to those substances?

What can you do instead... I am curious also what is it that drives you to it?

The breaking point. That's what we need (but emphasis on you) to get you through.

I just really want my day in the sun, you know? Just one Goddamn day
Yeah! I get it. So what would a day in the sun have then?

Sorry to go all 20 questions on you...

Delizadee 04-15-2016 10:13 PM

Cow... I have been watching you from afar. Until you were gone...

I'm glad to see you back too.

My friend I extend you a hand. What's one more friend at your side in dark times hey? I get where you're at.
Might I just say... I see you there, standing in the sun. How about we turn around together so we're not always looking in the shadows and face the sun and all it has to offer? Night might come and clouds will come and go... but the sun will always be there. Waiting for us to turn our face towards it and feels it warmth.

:hug:

It was a great summer novel. Please don't stray too far Cow. You matter to this herd.

Jsbodhi 04-15-2016 11:52 PM

Count me in to be a part of your thread xo
I just lost my grip last week, so you're doing better than me.
SR people reached out and pulled me back- we'll stick together xoxoxo

Obladi 04-15-2016 11:58 PM

Good morning, lovely Cow.
I'm so glad you are choosing life. Sounds like a no-brainer, but I totally get it.

Sleepie asks a good question.
How can we help you?

xo
O

trachemys 04-16-2016 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cow (Post 5907283)

I does hope I still has a certain turtle in my corner. Even though it maybe take him long time to even get to my corner cuz turtles move so very slow.

You're thinking tortoise. I'm a terrapin, damnit. A water creature. Fast and agile, I catch fish for dinner.

To wonder if I am on your side in these battles we face is an insult.

I'm glad you're back.

trachemys 04-16-2016 06:48 AM

And another thing:

It is time for you accept being loved.

Hawkeye13 04-16-2016 07:08 AM

Missed you a lot Cow
Glad you are back :grouphug:

courage2 04-16-2016 07:37 AM

Hi doll. I'm glad you're still alive.

:)

Cow 04-16-2016 08:21 AM

Is like I said Sleepies, I just wish to feel satisfied about being alive. Like, it just a nice thing. Like, it okay, maybe good even. I not think it unreasonable tall order, but so far, I not experience such a thing.

Trach, nice to see you love still come with big side of surly.

What can you does to help:
  • Not mention delicious coffees or other foods on my thread.
  • Call me out and ask me frequently if I using or thinking about using.
  • Help me deal with my mental illness without self-medicate. I did try several more psych. meds, but they activates my seizure disorder and I just simply not can tolerate them.

Hi everybody. I just over here sweatin' and shakin'. Not to the oldies though, maybe that would help. Not feel like music though.

courage2 04-16-2016 08:33 AM

Just for clarity, since it's been a while since some of us have seen you, what's your current program and plan? Are you 100% caffeine & alcohol free today? Yesterday? Are you still going to AA and how often if so & do you have a sponsor or want one? Are you in any other "formal" program? Are you in group or individual counseling? What's in your toolbox so far -- what resources do you use when you feel the urge to drink?

I know that sounds like an interrogation but it will help us help you to know how you intend to approach this new phase.

I'm very glad you haven't given up. There are better days in front of you -- you just can't see them yet. :hug:

Obladi 04-16-2016 09:10 AM

Thanks for outlining specifics, Courage.
I'm totally ready to call you on your ** Cow. Would appreciate same from you.

Totally.

Croutie 04-16-2016 10:39 AM

I'm glad you have let us know what not to do Cow.
I for one, don't want to do anything that might get your udders all a flutter..
I think if you can answer Courage it will help us even more.

2ndhandrose 04-16-2016 10:59 AM

I am so happy to see you back to posting, cow :grouphug:

trachemys 04-16-2016 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by courage2 (Post 5908052)
Just for clarity, since it's been a while since some of us have seen you, what's your current program and plan? Are you 100% caffeine & alcohol free today? Yesterday? Are you still going to AA and how often if so & do you have a sponsor or want one? Are you in any other "formal" program? Are you in group or individual counseling? What's in your toolbox so far -- what resources do you use when you feel the urge to drink?

Are you wearing clean underwear? Have you showered? Brushed your teeth? Given to the homeless?

You thought surly was bad?

:biglaugh: