Notices

Alcoholic mother

Old 04-15-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Gdgirl1972 View Post
I understand. Maybe I should just go it alone again. I know I'm a bad person and doing bad things and it hurts to even think about it. Thanks for all the support guys.
No one is saying you are a bad person. We are all alcoholics too and completely understand. We want you to be safe - and if you've been to your doctor for this before, please don't feel any shame of going again. That's the most important thing...detoxing safely so you can move forward and be the best mom you can be.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You are definitely not alone. Alcoholic mother here too.
I think whatever you decide to do you should read around the forums, in the newcomers section there is a sticky up top called, what to expect and how we did it. Lots of good stickies at the top of this forum too.
You definitely need to have a good plan in place to support your decision to quit.
For now please be very careful with your health. Hard detoxing with a history of seizures is so dangerous. Take care of you. You can do this!
Old 04-15-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So just some other background- I lost my last pregnancy 2 months ago at 25 weeks. My son had multiple fatal heart defects (not related to drinking I was sober for over a year) and we terminated. This lead to a relapse and I just can't pull out of it. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I guess I needed to let it out. I am just so sad every day.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks so much all- you are all such kind people and totally get it!
Old 04-15-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Gdgirl1972 View Post
So just some other background- I lost my last pregnancy 2 months ago at 25 weeks. My son had multiple fatal heart defects (not related to drinking I was sober for over a year) and we terminated. This lead to a relapse and I just can't pull out of it. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I guess I needed to let it out. I am just so sad every day.
You have offended no one... as you can see many have been in similar situations to yours, and we know how hard it is to quit - even in the face of things that you'd think would make it an easy decision to make.

I think what you need to remember is that you absolutely know how to stay sober, you've done it for long periods in the past. And you can absolutely do it again now if you would like. There is a ton of support available here and as others have mentioned, reading some sticky's an asking questions would be a great way to help you learn more about how others have gone about it.

The immediate issue is getting you safely detoxed and that is why many of the responses seem strong...because we all know how dangerous detox can potentially be. I truly hope you can just make the call to your doctor and let them know what's happening so you can get help again. There is no shame in it, and i'm sure they would MUCH rather have you call than try this on your own.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I second what the others have said about seeing your Dr.

Welcome to the family, you'll find lots of help and support here. I'm a mother as well.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you so much- calling the doctor today to hopefully get some Librium.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Gdgirl,
I had a hard time going to my doctor, but once I did it was a relief. Please be 100% honest and go in for a visit if asked.

I'm a mom too and drank through my kids' teenage years. I'd love to help you avoid that as would everyone else here.

No matter what, stick with us.
We care.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

And I am so very sorry for your loss, hon.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Do your best

Stick with us Gdgirl I also think seeing a Dr is a very good idea & know your not alone you have us now x
Old 04-15-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss too
You'll find lots of great support here and once you get past the drinking problem you can start working your way through grief and sadness to a place of healing. We all deserve peace and happiness in our lives, we just have to be willing to work our way toward it.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Gdgirl, I'm so glad you called the Dr. I would say that Librium would be a safe way to go. Withdrawal is something not to be taken lightly. I have been there many times and have asked for help from my Dr. many times. It's not how many times you ask for help, it's the fact that you keep trying. I keep believing that one time it will stick....I haven't giving up !! My sober time has increased dramatically over the past couple of yrs. It's not perfect....but I'll take it!! Best Wishes.