Notices

Day 8

Old 04-12-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8

Hello all I am B, and I am an alcoholic, I am on day 8 of no alcohol at all, I posted in the new comers forum it's titled messed everything up. I have attempted quitting many times with relapse usually right around the corner, I have been to counseling, and although it helped some, did not prevent me from drinking. I am once again taking steps to remove this demon that has stripped me of just about everything I hold dear and love, but this time feels very different. More positive than other times before, I am still working on a solid sobriety plan, have armed myself with the vitamins I need to replenish what I have lost, and this time I actually feel HATRED toward the very bottles that I thought gave me comfort . I WILL overcome,
Old 04-12-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on day 8 Life1681. Glad to hear you are motivated and positive about this being the time you really get back on track. What kind of things are you working on for your plan?
Old 04-12-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am adding to my days the passions I used to have, cooking, writing, nature walks, as well as exercise, I have just gotten into meditation, and am learning how to get the benefits from it, my biggest addition is getting back to the spiritual person I have ignored for so long, I'm what you call I guess a free thinker and free spirit by nature I altered who I am to be what others needed me to be, never thought in a million years those changes would have led me down such a dark road
Old 04-12-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello life1681,

Just some observations from my years of struggling to get FREE.

"I WILL" ... that guy Will Power always let me down, even though he talked a real convincing game - and I still believe he really meant what he said ... just turned out he was INCAPABLE of following thru - because of the Nature of this 'Condition' I finally realized I had ... the 'Condition' of being alcoholic, as described in the Big Book of AA. Maybe that guy Will Power .. will do better by you - maybe you don't have the same 'Condition' I found out that I have, after a long time of trying to Fix Myself (repeated face-in-the-asphalt experiences, always thinking I was actually Fixing Myself).

Best of Luck - and I sincerely mean it. Sober Recovery Community is a great place to be involved. Thanks for your post.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2
Old 04-12-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh Will and I have danced quite a bit, I am an alcoholic, and he being me has fallen many times, I refuse to let this condition tear me apart any longer, it is hard but one thing different is that I am open to getting to know me again allowing myself to forgive myself and seeing just who I really am. Lots of negative stuff but I know I am worth it
Old 04-12-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 8
Old 04-12-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Introspectator

Congrats on day 8! Keep going, one day at a time. I too felt something very different this time around. A deep hatred for alcohol and all it has taken from me. Not that that is all that it takes, but that's a good start!

Introspectator
Old 04-12-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 8 days. Looking at alcohol with hatred is a great way to look at it. When you feel tempted to drink remember all the things that alcohol has taken from you. I've learned that helps to keep a journal. Just write a little something each day on how you feel and what you did that day. Later you can go back and look at that when you're in a time of weakness. Best of luck to you, and stay strong. It does get better.