Notices

Vacations

Old 04-10-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

i have an excellent life that involves many activities that dont involve alcohol.
in early recovery it would have been russian roullette for me to go to wet places.

even today i had best have the right motive, fit spiritual condition, and an escape route to be at wet places.

ive been to a bar at night twice since i got sober- both times to listen to a friends band. had a sober friend with me both times and we both understood if either got squirrely we were outta there.
i realized i didnt like the bar scene. buncha people over indulging and acting fools
just like i used to.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

I know others on here might disagree but we can only control our own actions and no one else's. Whether you are in Vegas or in a library, triggers will happen and you need to have a plan to deal with them.

Think about how uncomfortable having others around you drinking would be. If it would be too difficult and painful, don't go or go somewhere else.

I just returned from the first sober vacation and my husband nor anyone else I was with changed anything about their drinking from previous trips. What kept me from drinking are the same things that keep me sober every day.

The funniest realization just happened yesterday when I started washing my clothes from the trip and noticed they didn't stink of alcohol or worse things as a result of drinking 😆

You know yourself better than anyone else. Whatever you do make sure you put your own feelings first.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vinificent View Post
I know others on here might disagree but we can only control our own actions and no one else's. Whether you are in Vegas or in a library, triggers will happen and you need to have a plan to deal with them.

Think about how uncomfortable having others around you drinking would be. If it would be too difficult and painful, don't go or go somewhere else.

I just returned from the first sober vacation and my husband nor anyone else I was with changed anything about their drinking from previous trips. What kept me from drinking are the same things that keep me sober every day.

The funniest realization just happened yesterday when I started washing my clothes from the trip and noticed they didn't stink of alcohol or worse things as a result of drinking 😆

You know yourself better than anyone else. Whatever you do make sure you put your own feelings first.
Thanks Vinificent! I agree! I don't think I should have to make my husband who rarely drinks be sober because of my problem. I can't control what anyone else does and if my soberity is dependent on what others do then I think i'm in trouble. I don't know about you but most of the time people will let you down. Not intentionally but they do.