Notices

Acid reflux and alcohol abuse...

Old 04-07-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm really happy to hear that...what have you got to lose in just checking it out?

Sending you hope...
Old 04-08-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Unluckyatlife View Post
I have to see the Dr. Friday. Sorry to be gross but I have black bowels. I was sober over 1 week and fell off on whiskey. At this point, I hate my life. I have acid reflux so bad I can't breath. I have to get a endoscopy and at this point I'm hoping its cancer. At least then people would give me the compassion I never had.
Black stools can be from blood in stool (unless it was black whiskey (?) or licorice or blueberries or...). Black stools and acid reflux suggest stomach/duodenal ulcer.

Wanting to have cancer to get sympathy is paradoxical. You have cancer, so you are good?

When you do something good, very often people, especially parents, will be very reserved to show an appreciation. When you do something good you feel this inside you and you do not need sympathy from others.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Unluckyatlife View Post
On one hand I want to stop but on the other hand I don't. I called an old aa buddy who has been off booze for over 2 years. He wants to pick me up for a meeting but I'm shaking like a leaf.
I think you want to more than you let on. You are here, right? There are a million ways to approach sobriety, but only one that is 100% successful, that is to stop drinking....for good.

I know that this is not realistic for some people, but if a person can block off 7-10 days of their life to focus on nothing but themselves and getting through the shakes, upset stomach, insomnia, sweats etc....and when that process is complete, you never have to go through it again. Of course the obvious conclusion is that if you pick up, then you will inevitably have to go through that 7-10 period all over. Wish you the best.