Big Life Changes Support Group

Old 06-11-2016, 02:12 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Ahh....that's so good to hear fantail.
So happy for you.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Wonderful, Fantail.

I've already spilled coffee and dropped one contact onto the floor this morning.

I hope things get better...
Old 06-11-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

You may get a third J...that always happens to me. But hey, after that, it's going to be an awesome day love.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Rough day. Not impressed.

It will have to get better...
Old 06-11-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Oh, that's not good J.
Hoping it gets much much better.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Here we go again ....

I just don't handle new jobs well at first. It's hell.

It's new people. Having to deal with all new people is just not one of my strengths. I get very irritated.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

I'm not sure which part is the hardest ~ for me it's usually that I am being trained by a moron, and the process is ridiculous....hours of training that is repetitive and unnecessary. I always want to say: I got it already, just let me do the dang job.

Or....it might be something else completely.

Just saw the last line of your post...I hope tomorrow is a much better day love. ♥
Old 06-11-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Yeah, usually that's the case for me too, V. It's been quite a long time since I worked with people who were more intelligent than me. It's extremely taxing and frustrating to wade through all the dumb chitchat, jokes, and gossipy crap... to get to the point of doing the actual job itself, comfortably.

People don't seem to peg me correctly, ever. I'm usually misread or misunderstood by 95% of people, and I don't know why. I know why, but it doesn't make it any easier, you know?

I had to explain today that I'm not shy at all, I'm an intovert. And all that awkwaedness. You'd think these morons would just shut up, leave it alone, and get on with it.

And the inevitable nosy female questions ... do you have kids? Why not? How old are you?

I get so sick of that conversation and having to explain things.

I'm going to start telling them I'm 50 with 10 children.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

I could write several short stories using people and incidents just from today alone. Not kidding.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Well that would almost make today worthwhile.
Awesome writing material.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Yep

Once I get a little distance, else it'll be filled with mockery and bitterness.

Thanks for being here again, V.

I feel I vent to you too much.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
now's the time

Sorry the day was rough. I also get misread by people a lot. Many people assume I'm kind of shy and sweet and probably naive. Which just drives me up the wall. I've also been super self conscious this week about being 32 and single and childless... definitely noticing the regional differences on that one. No one's asked me about it but I'm sure they would if I were married!

I hope it gets better. At least you kind of know the drill and hopefully it will be business as usual once the getting to know you stuff is done.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:37 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Jennie love ~ not a chance. I am so grateful for you and our friendship....ditto Ms fantail.

OK ~ hope this makes you girls laugh. This is my life, On repeat. Ad nauseam:

Are you married? No.
Have you been married? No
What, never? No
Really? (Sigh)
Do you have children? No
What, no children? No
Wow. Why? (Sigh) I have a furkid
You have a what? A furkid. My cat. I adore her
Oh. OK....

and then they get real quiet.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

'And they get real quiet' -- haha!! Yes, exactly this. So funny.

I answer the kids question with "Oh, I have two beagles." They laugh, and then they realize I'm serious. They are my 'kids.'

For some reason, the women who ask these questions always seem to think it appropriate to ask WHY I don't have kids. That part is just rude.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
now's the time

I've heard that that is a common line of questioning. In CA I was pretty insulated from it. Most of my friends don't have kids, and many people are single well into their late 30s and 40s. Whereas here all of my coworkers are married or engaged, including the ones right out of college.

It's a little weird for me because I'm in a moment in my life where I'm really questioning whether I want those things at all. I mean, I'm not opposed to marriage and I could even see myself wanting kids... but given my age, those things might not just happen on their own in the appropriate time window, and I'm not sure that I want them enough to make it a priority. When I look at all my best relationships, they all ended because I wanted to go to A place to do B thing, and he wanted to go to C place and do D thing. In a marriage, one of those people has to say OK, let's do your thing instead of mine. In theory I'm OK with that, but I haven't yet been in a real situation where it was worth it to me to choose the relationship over the other pursuit, even when I was really, really in love.

Anyway so the South has me ruminating on these things Hopefully I'll get my equilibrium back soon and embrace it.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Oh, I didn't realize this was a regional thing, Fantail... Although I can certainly see that it could be, because the south is more traditional still, in many ways. And doesn't embrace nontraditional families and marriages as openly or as easily yet. I've been so nontraditional in many ways my whole life that I guess I just assumed and accepted I would forever be considered 'odd' or 'eccentric.' If I'd left the south, I might be more 'normal' elsewhere.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I'll say this, Fantail ... For me, marriage has been quite unpleasant as far as compromise. I don't recommend it. I am not one to bend on certain things. And as it turns out, he doesn't like to bend much, either. Not a good combo.

I'm extremely open-minded and experimental in many ways, but there are just some things in my day-to-day life that I don't want messed with. It really throws me off. He will never understand my need for complete solitude and privacy and quiet at certain times, among many other things.

I'm thinking I should've stayed single. I regret getting married. But, I don't kick myself so much because of it. It was something I tried that just isn't working out. I think I can part ways eventually and live with that. Trial and error.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
When I look at all my best relationships, they all ended because I wanted to go to A place to do B thing, and he wanted to go to C place and do D thing. In a marriage, one of those people has to say OK, let's do your thing instead of mine.
Ah, Fantail, you're talking to an ex-military wife here who moved every two years on average, from one end of the country to the other and back again. I struggled so much trying to help my children negotiate new schools and new friends every couple of years. I completely neglected my own needs, didn't even know I had needs during those years. The upside is that my children have thrived and are amazing adults.

Jennie, I'm sorry the first couple of days have been so hard. I always struggle in a new job because my anxiety increases to a point where I don't retain things I'm learning and I have to keep going over things in my mind to remember them. I am an introvert too and I long ago got completely annoyed with people calling me shy. I'm not shy. I hope that next weekend is better for you and maybe you can get rid of some of the annoying people.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

The regular carrier (my trainer) has convinced me to go in this morning unpaid for 'case training.' Looks like that's what I'll be doing for an hour or so. Then, I'll drive part of my route after that. I took my husband and dogs and drove the first third of it yesterday. Oh boy. If I weren't so new and nervous still, I'd be laughing ... It's almost unbelievable. I was told all sorts of horror stories by the trainer as we drove along the route on Saturday. Rapings, killings, meth and crack houses, and even a beheading ... In a national wildlife refuge ... That I must drive through down a dirt road for a long while ... Until I come to this little old lady's house out in the middle of nowhere ... I met her Saturday when we had to call her on the cell to come down and sign for a package ... The trainer says she looks like a little old munchkin and also some old lady from Poltergeist (which was before my time so I have no idea). Anyway, without her descriptions, it was eerie. When I drove it yesterday with my husband I had chills all over me. I am actually terrified. I took him through a crack infested and meth infested 'family' compound, not kidding. It is unbelievable. There are dirt and gravel roads.

Brian asked when I could transfer off this route, lol.

I just dunno about this ...
Old 06-13-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whoa, I didn't think rural meant 'off the grid'. That sounds interesting to say the least. The meth lab compound sounds downright scary - I was huge fan of Breaking Bad. How long does it takes to do your route from start to finish?