Notices

What's still wrong with me?

Old 09-20-2004, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What's still wrong with me?

Almost 3 weeks of sobriety, downed about a 1.75 litre of vodka in less than four days and drank everyday for the last 3 and a half years. I felt terrible the first week, then the next week got better and it and it was actually a somewhat liberating experience , but now I'm back to feeling like crap again......the doc still has me on librium and paxil, any suggestions on why I still feel like crap and unhappy? The really bad cravings don't help as well, it's all I still think about is alcohol, I want it so bad but I know now that it's taboo (I just pray to god I don't relapse, I don't want to experience this again, but there's always that little voice in my head repeating day after day).
Old 09-20-2004, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Ared--One question: Are you going to any meetings, AA or otherwise? It is almost impossible for alcoholics to quit all on their own. Get some help, besides your doctor.

Glad you posted. Keep letting us know how you are doing.

Prayers for you--
Old 09-20-2004, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Could be the paxil-librium combo, too. I was on zoloft for a year, never could get to feeling right. You may want to check with your physician to be sure that you aren't having a negative reaction to your medication.

Getting out of the house, even for a short walk is good.

Remember, this is a process and it takes time to work out all our junk. Be patient with yourself, keep going to meetings or getting support.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Whats wrong is early sobriety. You probably don;t want to hear this, but this too shall pass. Getting sober is hard, but there are some things that I did that made it bearable, and now it seems to be working out ok. OK? I lie, I feel great.

I follow three principles every day, Don't Drink, Go to a meeting and pray. I often add things, but this is the core of my program. The don't drink sounds so easy, but it wasn't for me. I had obsessions that felt like I was hit by a baseball bat in the back of the legs. When I couldn;t take it anymore, I screamed to my HP and begged him to lift the obsession to drink. He did.

I go to AA--without it, I think I might be drunk. I need the friendship, the spirit and love of other AA's. I don;t know why it works, but it does. I leave there filled with a spirit that it can be done, I can help someone else and they can help me. All while laughing and drinking coffee.

I pray. Somedays it may only be the serenity prayer and a thank you nod at night. But more times than not, I thank my HP for another day of sobriety (and the days are growing) and for something that I felt and enjoyed that day--for example, my favorite tv show was on.

Early on, I didn;t see the reason for getting sober, I thougfht life would suck. All my life revolved around drinking. My friends, my work etc. But I gave it a shot anyway. I now see that there is a whole world out there of cool, fun people who don;t drink. They also share my pain of having to accept that I am powerless over alcohol, The madness before I came into the rooms, the pain of early sobriety and now the joy of everyday living.

I close with two thoughts. YOU ARE WORTH IT. There is a gift out there for the grabbing. It can be your if you ask for it. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. One day at a time there are people like us getting sober all over the world. Try a meeting, open yourself up--go early stay late, reach out to someone. I know someone will reach back. Time will pass, and you will be amazed.

God Bless

Meg