Notices

St Patrick's Day

Old 03-17-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

St Patrick's Day

I'm laid up in my bed where I've been for about a month (I always had lottery fantasies of all the great things I would do if I didn't have to work but I cannot win the lottery because the reality is I will do nothing) and it's such a nice day outside.

Several of my friends are out of town for the st Patrick's day parade and I so want to be there - I keep reminding myself that I did not enjoy the three days of morning to evening drinking last time, being woken up to a flask of liquor in my face - and I also think that I could go out this evening and enjoy some of the holiday festivities - just be around people - this is a bad idea though. I do not need to go to the Irish pub and have some corned beef and cabbage because I am very much aware that today's restlessness will not allow me to sit in a pub and drink a soda with my meal.

I think I shall just stay in bed. It may be the best place for me today and not wave my Irish heritage flag (and possibly my boobs) on the bar strip tonight.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Stay sober posting here at SR you got this K
Old 03-17-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All the time laying around doing nothing has not been wasted though...so I'm not being lazy.

I've been mentally working some things out - trying to assimilate the person I was before I met my ex husband to the person I became immediately after to the person I am now - and getting back to myself and who I am - and also assimilate all of this into being a sober person now (I was not sober for more of my life than I have been sober)

I don't want to slip into old habits while getting to know myself again - especially since so much of my personality revolved around being the party girl down for anything at any time person
Old 03-17-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Budweiser turned a Catholic feast day for St Patrick into a made up holiday to drink beer.

If you aren't going to church, perhaps bed is the second best place to be today.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do this Kallistia!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there kallistia. One day at a time. The holidays get much easier over time. They get better. You'll enjoy them sober. You'll remember them.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waynetheking View Post
Hang in there kallistia. One day at a time. The holidays get much easier over time. They get better. You'll enjoy them sober. You'll remember them.
fuuny ya say this as i was thinking how st paddys day used to be a grear excuse to get hammered at the bar- none of that green beer stuff- just go to an irish(named) bar and drink.

this year,a few years since my last drink, i didnt know it was st paddys day until the day after.

the holidays do get easier. imo, in the 1st year all of the 1sts are a lil hard.
but they get easier.
hell, might not even notice the holidays were there eventually.