SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   The Island of Misfit Drunks, Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/386871-island-misfit-drunks-part-2-a.html)

trachemys 03-15-2016 03:10 PM

The Island of Misfit Drunks, Part 2

OK, we're well over 500 posts on Part 1, so I asked Scott to close it.

What have you done good for yourself lately?

I've committed to getting this excess fat off my belly. Going on my primate diet and figuring out some exercise options for the end of day when I'm usually sore from work. Luckily, there's a gym here in the complex with exercycles and some circuit machines where I can sit. With some conditioning and weight loss, I won't hurt so much from work.

Jsbodhi 03-15-2016 03:25 PM

Shotgun?!?!

Jsbodhi 03-15-2016 03:43 PM

Good for you trach!

My goals are much the same as always
Work, school, exercise.

Gonna try to paint more, guitar as well.
Maybe try something like rock climbing too.
I have a pretty yard in my new place so I'm going to make a really nice flower garden and grow some tomatoes.
My neighbour is going to help me build some outdoor furniture in his shop too.

sleepie 03-15-2016 04:53 PM

Oh wow you guys... I am not at the "goals" point yet.

Jsbodhi sorry if you already answered but are you feeling any better today?

I am still completely uninspired. I miss getting excited about things and having ideas.

courage2 03-15-2016 04:55 PM

I bought purple tulips. http://media.tumblr.com/b464b1436319...rcQ1qid2nw.gif

DrakeCKC 03-15-2016 04:55 PM

Well my diet went out the window for a day at least. Decided to try the new Scandinavian restaurant that is way too close to me! Toast Skagen (shrimp on toast), Pickled Herring, Borscht, Gooseberry tart! And that was just a start, can't wait to go back.

sleepie 03-15-2016 05:09 PM

Drake that all sounds great. I love borscht.

Jsbodhi 03-15-2016 05:11 PM

Hi sleepie! I am feeling better- still a bit queasey, but I went for a drive and am going to walk to the store a bit later I think.

Xo

You'll get there, goals can always wait.
What kinda stuff used to make you excited? What floats your boat?

DrakeCKC 03-15-2016 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by sleepie (Post 5852998)
Drake that all sounds great. I love borscht.

Me too and this was very, very, very good borscht.

Jsbodhi 03-15-2016 05:11 PM

Agreed Drake, that sounds reaalllyy good!

DrakeCKC 03-15-2016 05:12 PM

Few of my usual dinner friends would touch any of it. Their loss. So if you ever come to KC, we will go!

Jsbodhi 03-15-2016 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by courage2 (Post 5852988)

Tulips are a delight- they seem so friendly!

sleepie 03-15-2016 05:25 PM

Ok I just saw your post on the other thread jsbodhi, so I am caught up now :)

I dunno what gets me interested anymore. I just haven't come across anything and I have been low energy lately too. Used to be silly stuff like comic books and music. And bike rides and stuff. Oh well at the very least I went out and voted today so I am not entirely apathetic.

Can you believe I was lucky enough to eat homemade borscht growing up? A relative made it. Oh it was a BIG treat as a kid! I loved it then, can't find one as good now lol. With a little dill and sour cream? Heavenly!

I had a huge pile of protein for lunch today, a shrimp boil cajun style and good god I have never had anything so delicious (ok maybe except homemade borscht) in my life. I mean even in N.O. I never had anything like it... though I have not been there since pre-Katrina.

I loved it there. I do have a friend there... maybe I should visit. Though I don't know what it's like now. I used to hang around the trashy punk bars on Decatur with my journal and write and talk to people. It was fun. This was before I drank- I mean back then I didn't even touch a drop.

courage2 03-15-2016 05:37 PM

I want a bunny hand puppet for Easter. I want to wear it to work meetings.

http://s8.postimg.org/mxbf1t7n5/my_f...7083604000.jpg

courage2 03-15-2016 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi (Post 5853005)
Tulips are a delight- they seem so friendly!

I agree! :)

When I first got sober, I said I'd have fresh flowers in the apt. all the time.

I suggest anyone give the lie to an alcoholic who uses the words "always", "never", "next time", or "promise."

Over in F&F, they call it quacking.

PS no borscht for me, duck, but I'll take a tart at every course, please! :lmao:

sleepie 03-15-2016 09:26 PM

Watching "Soaked in Bleach". So far, worth it just for the cheesy re-enactments and the woman playing Courtney Love.

Jsbodhi 03-16-2016 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by sleepie (Post 5853028)
Ok I just saw your post on the other thread jsbodhi, so I am caught up now :)

I dunno what gets me interested anymore. I just haven't come across anything and I have been low energy lately too. Used to be silly stuff like comic books and music. And bike rides and stuff. Oh well at the very least I went out and voted today so I am not entirely apathetic.

Can you believe I was lucky enough to eat homemade borscht growing up? A relative made it. Oh it was a BIG treat as a kid! I loved it then, can't find one as good now lol. With a little dill and sour cream? Heavenly!

I had a huge pile of protein for lunch today, a shrimp boil cajun style and good god I have never had anything so delicious (ok maybe except homemade borscht) in my life. I mean even in N.O. I never had anything like it... though I have not been there since pre-Katrina.

I loved it there. I do have a friend there... maybe I should visit. Though I don't know what it's like now. I used to hang around the trashy punk bars on Decatur with my journal and write and talk to people. It was fun. This was before I drank- I mean back then I didn't even touch a drop.

Oh that sounds really good!!
I'll be there in June- this will be my very first fully sober trip....
I've gone on trips where I've barely drank, but never completely sober.
I'll just fill my days.
My only concern is I tend to meet a lot of people when I travel and they always ask " hey, wanna grab a drink?"
I'll just suggest food or coffee or something.

That's good you went out to vote! Even just one small thing a day is good.
It's really hard to do anything with low energy.
I have done nothing for 4 days now with this flu, I mean nothing.
I took one drive for cigarettes.

:c019:

Soberwolf 03-16-2016 10:07 AM

Afternoon everyone

Delfin 03-16-2016 12:18 PM

Hey Islanders! :c009:

Trache, I'm trying to drop some lbs too. My diet is okay, but I looooove my treats. After I quit the booze last july I got used to allowing myself lots of treats (my croissant recovery method. Lol!) And though I've lost a couple of lbs since quitting despite the buttery bread goodness, I'd gained about 25 lbs the last couple of years of boozing so there's still a long way to go.
The one good thing I've done for myself is buy myself bigger-sized clothes because putting on my clothes was feeling like trying stuff very large sausage into very small casing. :lmao

D.

trachemys 03-16-2016 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by sleepie (Post 5852986)
Oh wow you guys... I am not at the "goals" point yet.

Jsbodhi sorry if you already answered but are you feeling any better today?

I am still completely uninspired. I miss getting excited about things and having ideas.

sleepie, why not go find a new bike? You can find one at a yard sale or flea market for cheap. You always talked about how you loved two-wheelin' around.