Notices

The Island of Misfit Drunks, Part 2

Old 03-18-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I've never been to a therapist either.
I travelled I guess, I took a backpack and went away across Asia alone for a couple years and I guess it just worked itself out.
Though the drinking has always been a problem until recently- getting worse over the last year.
Constant blackouts, going crazy when drinking.
I guess we all just do whatever we have to do to get through life.
Xoxo
Old 03-18-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

HOW CAN YOU FEEL SO BAD WHEN I LOVE YOU SO MUCH?

Tell me?
Old 03-18-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

She's anhedonic not deaf Trach.

That's a joke, sorry if that was inappropriate...
Old 03-18-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Cow
Old 03-18-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Ok that one time you asked me ,"How can we help you?", Cow, well, and how can we help you, Cow?
Old 03-18-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Sleepies, you joke was first smile I had all day!

Turtledove, even though I only can interpret you caring intellectually, it still mean something to me, in that way. Same as with all you wonderful peoples. That is best I can do, okay?

And PS. I is reaching! You think I share this shht with my postal carrier!

I not think anybody can help me, dear Sleepies. I yam what I yam. But I does appreciate that there is place I can express my feeling and gritty reality of my life, even if it ugly and dramatic and seem hopeless. Not get me wrong, I still want better. I still seeking "better." But I appreciate that is people that will walk with me, no matter what it is.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Xoxo cow
Old 03-18-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Some of my favorite artists and writers made a career out just that Cow. Expressing the gritty reality. I mean and they lived it too.

I hope you did smile... I knew I could count on your wicked sense of humor.

You know Cow, maybe it's selfish but Billy on the Street and "Mr. Robot" and making those cartoons, with Cow- that's how I am gonna remember this winter.

I mean I felt like I had a friend who I didn't have to be in the closet with. So thank you a million times.

I overshare here all the time and I ain't gonna lie it sure helped me stay sober if not sane.

So thanks, all you guys.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Oops to bring it around I yam what I yam too no matter what I try and do to keep it under cover. So thanks for bein' a friend to me Cow.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:26 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

You chuckleheads make me want to be better cow. Or maybe come to peace with cow I yam. Or let go of whole contemplation. Or... okay, I still working on it. Thank you all for sharing from you depths.

For Sleepies:

Old 03-18-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

We love you Cow, no matter!
Old 03-18-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post

Like I said, I don't really have any words of wisdom, but I wanted you to know I get it- at least some of it.

I'll just read now- this is probably the most anyone will ever get out of me about this haha
I really appreciate it that you wrote about your life some here, jsbodhi. My mind's now less confused about some things.

Unless anyone wants to write about famous suicides or otherwise get morbid, I'll also be fading away now...
Old 03-18-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

It's not a suicide, but one of the most interesting death scenarios was sid vicious and Nancy.
What a way to wake up out of a blackout...
Old 03-18-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Haha, nice video cow!
Old 03-18-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I not keep track of famous suicides, Bunny, although I can confess any time somebody do commit suicide, I kind of think, well, okay then, at least I outlast them!

I have friend right now who looking into moving to state/country where she can end her life legally. I only person she can talk to about this without judgement. I know how much she has suffer all her life with depressions. She very intelligent, total aware of her situation, has try everything, and she just want right to choose. She active in advocacy groups.

At least I able to make her laugh when I poke holes in her "it will look like accident" suicide plans. Which total make me JEALOUS. Cuz here is woman so depress she total ready to check out, but she can laugh! I give up my kingdom to laugh. That make me think that, if I can relate at her level, without judgement or platitude, perhaps, even in my misery, I maybe able to help her. Gods help me, I gonna try best I can.

Maybe that how some of you feel about me.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
p***enger

Nancy was 20 when he stabbed her, in 1978 -- a little less than a year before I moved a block away from Max's Kansas City. I was 16 and used to go there to get drugs. But I didn't run off to Europe to do heroin, which I was literally all set to do. Just became an alcoholic. What a way to make a right decision! :/
Old 03-18-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
p***enger

Just choose any one -- like I said, Wendy O. Williams is fabulous -- she gave her husband sprouts and clean socks or something, then shot herself in the forest (where no one had to clean up after her).

My favorite method used to be jumping, because of the irony -- there you are, halfway down, and you have a change of heart. Too bad!! But in the city, there are a lot of jumpers, and now I look on it as either tragically stupid (I know a woman who's kid got mad at his dad and took an impetuous leap) or full of sick vengeance -- "let them clean up my mess." People get hurt by falling jumpers. And it isn't always effective.

I can go on and on. But I won't. Promise.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

LOL was that last guy on Billy okay?

jsbodhi I like that movie Sid & Nancy 'cause Chloe Webb is SO great! I love her in "Tales of the City" too.

We have been meaning to watch it, the bf has never seen it.

About as morbid as I get lately is I watched the more recent Cobain documentary that the detective who worked on the case made. Now with all the true crime fans here I can't be the only one who has seen it here... saw "Kurt and Courtney" on a date many years back when it came out.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

although I can confess any time somebody do commit suicide, I kind of think, well, okay then, at least I outlast them!
There see?! Some things do make you happy.

Happy Schaudenfreude Cow Heh.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Guys please with the topic... I want you to stay and I don't want you to get in trouble...