Notices

Hello

Old 03-10-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

I have been coming to this forum for a few months but never posted. I come when I come off another binge to see I am not alone but I am often just too sick too post.

So it's day 2 today. It's a rough one but I am thankful to have my husband to help me. I have abused alcohol for 15 years. I have always been a binge drinker but anymore they are closer and closer to each other and longer. This last one had me down for a week. It's gotten so bad this past year. My husband lost his job of 25 years a year ago. He is trying very hard but I know I bring him down. I am either too drunk or too sick while recovering so me getting a job has been out of the question for sometime. I am severely depressed as well. I know an alcoholic will use just about any reason to drink...and with his job loss, well I tell myself I have a reason everyday.

But the sober me knows that isn't true and all I have done is make a bad situation worse. So here I am. Obviously I can't do it alone.

I apologize if I am all over the place with this message. I am sick, anxious...I am sure you all know what I mean.

Thank you for reading this!
Old 03-10-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to ST, tcr; glad you found us.

I hope that the support, understanding and encouragement that you find here will help you achieve lasting sobriety and recovery.

You may also want to re-post in the Newcomer's Forum for more exposure and responses.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! If you're struggling with withdrawal then I would recommend seeing a doctor if possible. I'm glad you're starting your journey!
Old 03-10-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Here are some links to really great SR threads that you may want to look into:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...highlight=psst

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-115-a.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ass+march+2016
Old 03-10-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Every journey starts with a single step.

This is a great place.

How can we help?
Old 03-10-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Why thank you everyone for the replies. I will definitely check out the newcomer's forum and the links posted!

My withdrawals are bad but I haven't had medical insurance for sometime now, although who am I kidding...when I did I didn't seek help either. I finally applied for my states health care plan. I just knew I couldn't go on much longer so hopefully I can get in soon for help with this.

Meanwhile, I do have my husband here with me, drinking lot's of juice and eating soup.

Thank you all again!
Old 03-10-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome. You're in the right place!! Wishing you the best!! Take care of yourself!!
Old 03-10-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Tcr,

Sounds like u r in pretty bad shape. So was i. I was not drinking every day.

I was drinking 1 to 3 times a week. On one of those days I would drink 10 to 20 units. Vodka or whisky.

I tapered a bit though before I quit.

If you are on day 2...you are about to really need some booze.

If you can, see a dr. Your body and mind a pretty damaged. The dr. Will put you on meds unless you say no. The meds are addictive sometimes. Sometimes they cause all sorts of side effects. I did my rehab med free. As of today, no meds except multi v. And a b12.

If you can't see a dr. Stay hydrated. Eat sweets when you crave.

I ate granola bars, yogurt, gummy bears, fruit.

Sleep, rest. You will be healing for a month as your body gets clean.

Alcohol is poison. Get clean. Get free. Get released from the prison of booze. You hold the key.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by tcr333 View Post
Why thank you everyone for the replies. I will definitely check out the newcomer's forum and the links posted!

My withdrawals are bad but I haven't had medical insurance for sometime now, although who am I kidding...when I did I didn't seek help either. I finally applied for my states health care plan. I just knew I couldn't go on much longer so hopefully I can get in soon for help with this.

Meanwhile, I do have my husband here with me, drinking lot's of juice and eating soup.

Thank you all again!
Welcome to SR and glad to hear you have someone there with you to help as well. I wish you the best of luck in getting your insurance and medical assistance if you need it. There are a lot of reduced cost/even free detox and counseling services available too, check with your local AA chapter or municipal/count health services to see what you might be able to find.

The good news is that this can be your last detox ever - and you will find a lot of support and understanding here to help you get through.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome TCR
Old 03-10-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you finally joined tcr333. I admit, I did the same thing prior to joining. I would binge and then come here and read (without joining). I think it was a feeble attempt to allow myself to feel like I'm not the only one. Then one day, I just joined. Its been one of the better decisions in my life.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi. Welcome. This place is great!
Old 03-11-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for all the support and kind words. Today is day 3 and the depression is really kicking in. I have been thru this before so I know in time it will improve. When I feel better I will be on here more...right now it's kind of hard to gather my thoughts. But I want to you to know your words are very much appreciated.

Oh btw...I have an appointment next week so just knowing i will be seeing a doctor soon helps.

Thank you all!
Old 03-11-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 03-11-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you found us tcr - welcome aboard

D
Old 03-11-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hang in there tcr, you can do it. Since you're a binge drinker, you know you can sober up. The question is what's your plan when you want to drink again? It's very important to have a plan.

Seeing a doctor is a good idea. This site was a godsend for me - I was here 2-3 times a day. I also attended AA meetings at the beginning, for support, but you may not need that unless you just can't stay quit. Then it's usually the best way.

Eating properly really helps, and a daily multi and b50 or b100 vitamin. Exercise and lots of water. Plenty of sleep. Lastly, go easy on yourself. We suffer from addiction, and we all made mistakes. What has passed is past... just move forward.

You can do it!
Old 03-11-2016, 06:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tcr333 View Post
I have been coming to this forum for a few months but never posted. I come when I come off another binge to see I am not alone but I am often just too sick too post.

So it's day 2 today. It's a rough one but I am thankful to have my husband to help me. I have abused alcohol for 15 years. I have always been a binge drinker but anymore they are closer and closer to each other and longer. This last one had me down for a week. It's gotten so bad this past year. My husband lost his job of 25 years a year ago. He is trying very hard but I know I bring him down. I am either too drunk or too sick while recovering so me getting a job has been out of the question for sometime. I am severely depressed as well. I know an alcoholic will use just about any reason to drink...and with his job loss, well I tell myself I have a reason everyday.

But the sober me knows that isn't true and all I have done is make a bad situation worse. So here I am. Obviously I can't do it alone.

I apologize if I am all over the place with this message. I am sick, anxious...I am sure you all know what I mean.

Thank you for reading this!
I know EXACTLY what you are going thru. I have the same exact story as you do...my binges came longer and longer...the last 2 years..after each binge..I ended in the hospital with IVS...heart monitors...and oxygen.

You can do this! You have to do this...to live. I have about 30 days sober and I feel so much better. You are on Day 2...Day 2 was the WORST day for me...the WORST. I wouldn't wish those feelings on anyone.

I understand when you say you were "too sick" to post and I understand when you say "you would stop by the forum to see that you weren't alone". Its so GOOD that you posted...now you can hear that you are not alone. Please keep going...by Day 5...you will be grateful!
Old 03-11-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

tcr, welcome to you, and congratulations on day three!
and on coming out from lurking; i found that participating was a wholr different ballgame from just reading.

hope to see more of you.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome to sr. Take it one day at a time. We here for ya.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:15 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome. Hang tough. Totally worth it.